Fortnite: Season 3 Impressions

Fortnite: Season 3 Impressions

How I end up writing about Fortnite?

5
Fortnite: Season 3 Impressions

I honestly don't know how I got to this point either. But here we are, I am writing a Fortnite article. I'll keep my history brief with the game. I started playing Fortnite sporadically around 2018, but I never really got into it then. The hype was never interesting to me, however, when Fortnite decided to do a crossover event with Batman I had to start playing. Ever since then, I occasionally go back Fortnite as it is a good casual game to go back to. And even though it is a cartoony Hunger Games Battle Royale rip off they occasionally have special seasonal themes. For reference, a season is like 90-100 days where the game has a specific genre theme. Last season was Spy theme with different spy factions and clichés. I personally loved it as all the skins a part of the battle pass and in the item, shop was all fantastic. The season was so interesting to me that I decided to level up all 100 levels in the battle pass to get the tier 100 skin, Midas!

But like everything, good things must come to an end and a new season is to emerge. Now as we are enjoying the summer months – Fortnite's new season is based around water. The map is now flooded in certain locations causing a new variety of gameplay. I personally am not a big fan of the map being flooded, mostly because I hate swimming mechanics in games. However, I've gotten used to it and won a couple of games already.

I guess the point of this article is just to share my first impressions of the season. Like I mentioned earlier, the water is definitely an interesting change and might turn some people away. I personally was going to be one of those people, however with a new season comes a new battle pass. And this season they included Jason Mamoa's Aquaman as a part of the pack. So, me, the comic book geek, has to once again spend the next 100 or so days leveling up and completing challenges to get the skin. Some other new additions to the season are these AI sharks that attack you if you aren't paying attention and these things are scary. I can be casually shooting an enemy across a field, focusing on them, and then out from behind me a shark leaps out of the water and devours me forcing me back to the lobby. The addition of a shark does add a new layer to the game which I appreciate. Another new addition is a new shotgun that has everyone split on it. I personally could care less about damage output or fairness when it comes to weapons in the game. Like I said I just play for fun.

I think that while Fortnite might not be the top game around as it once was, it is still an interesting game. The game has made headlines recently for doing live concerns with singers like Travis Scott performing and selling cosmetics. Just this past week Fortnite teamed up with Warner Bros. to showcase full-length films with the game. An individual can log on at a certain time and go to a park where they can watch all of Batman: Begins for example. Definitely a revolutionary feet of technology. The future seems to only be going up with Fortnite, and we are all along for the ride.