People Are In Your Life For A Reason, I Love My People
Friendships

God Put People In Your Life For A Reason, And I Will Forever Be Thankful For My Girls

Sometimes you never know why certain people come into your life and I'm okay with that.

205
Nini Tran

For as long as I can remember I have always loved having friends in my life. I always said that people come and go for a reason and whenever I stopped being friends with someone I always got super upset as to why that happened. I started realizing that certain people come into your life for one reason or another and I've learned to accept whatever the reason may be.

I don't know about you but I have always been a very social person. I have always loved the idea of having a lot of friends. I always had a group of friends that I would always go out with and then i had my work friends and then I had my lacrosse friends. Needless to say I had a lot of friend groups. But as I got older I made mistakes and a lot of my old friend groups learned of what happened and they left.

Now, I am not saying that I blame them for not being my friend anymore that was completely my fault but at the same time I was super sad. I always thought in my head that if I was always so forgiving and I would forgive them if the roles were switched then why wouldn't they forgive me. That was when I realized that God really did have a plan for me and removing people from my life was one of them.

Let's fast forward to a few months to when I crawled out of my shell. I started volunteering and became a high school youth group leader and that was when I started making friends again. But instead of being SUPER friendly with everyone I was partially friendly and partially kept to myself.

When you lose 95% of your original friend group you kind of lose yourself and you just don't know who you really are anymore. That was one of the reason to why I wasn't as social as I used to be. I was scared that the new friends I had made were just going to leave me again. Little did I know; they became some of my closest friends.

These girls truly have been my rock through everything. Yeah we don't go out as much as I used to but part of me has been perfectly fine with it. Which got me to thinking; I never knew I needed these friends until they came into my life.

The more I hung out with these new friends of mine the more I started to open up and be more of myself. I started to let them in but most of all; I started to show them my heart. These friends accepted me for who I was but more importantly they accepted me for my past mistakes.

We all get upset when the friends that we made are no longer part of our life. All the memories you created together is gone and sometimes we feel like a part of us is missing. But my favorite saying that got me through my summer of lonesome is that sometimes God takes certain people away for a reason.

Sometimes those friends will come back but whenever our friends are no longer part of our life that just means better friends are made to come into your life. If you had told me that a year ago I would have laughed and said no way; now that I am older I can't help but be thankful for the new friends that God had brought into my life.

We live in a world where we feel the need to have multiple friends and be loved by everyone. I live in a world where being loved and liked by the right people is more than enough. Words cannot begin to express how thankful I am for my amazing friends coming into my life when they did. The memories that I have created with them have been amazing and I don't think I have ever laughed and grow as much as I have with them in my life before.

When one door opens, another door closes. Everything happens for a reason. Whatever the saying is; it's all in God's hands and He has a plan for us. We just have to learn to go with the flow and ride the wave.