Forever 21 Is Now Sending Diet Bars With Plus Size Orders
Currently

Forever 21 Sent Diet Bars With Some Plus-Size Orders, That's Body Negativity 101

I am forever NOT their customer.

604

Picture this. Your favorite store starts selling plus-size clothing — stuff that will actually fit you, comfortably. It's affordable, it's cute and chic, and it's also Forever 21 — literally available at almost any mall. You shop online now, because who doesn't shop online anymore, and a couple of weeks later, you get your outfits...with a small diet bar in the order that you did not ask or pay for.

Forever 21, get your s**t together.

Sending an unwanted diet bar with the plus-size orders isn't just insulting, but it's body-shaming as well. Imagine the women who are already facing body dysmorphia or eating disorders excitingly opening their purchase to see a diet bar of all things laying neatly on top of their purchase. You're coercing them into thinking something is WRONG with their body, when really the problem is behind the judgmental company who thinks plus size is somehow WRONG.

These customers bought these clothes to make themselves feel beautiful but sending them that solicited gift is making them feel awful about themselves.

Especially in summer, of all times. This is when people are buying swimsuits and shorts, facing their vulnerability just to be comfortable in the sun. How dare you send them samples of *unhealthy* diet weight-loss bars, without even having the decency of asking them if they would like it or not — as their choice.

So, Forever 21, newsflash: We're in 2019 where body positivity is at its peak, and hate is in the rearview mirror.

You have no right to tell someone if they need to lose weight or not. Instead, use your tremendous platform to make clothes that are available to everyone, and make everyone feel comfortable and beautiful. Promote your brand to be available to everyone, and next time, try not to harm or insult anyone.

In the meantime, you have forever lost me as a customer.