Goodbye Soulja Boy, Hello Bryce Vine

Goodbye Soulja Boy, Hello Bryce Vine

Bryce Vine, an up-and-coming rapper, has been scheduled to replace Soulja Boy as Fordham's Spring Weekend Performer

63
Goodbye Soulja Boy, Hello Bryce Vine

Fordham students have all heard by now that Soulja Boy has been dropped as Fordham's headliner for Spring Weekend. The announcement came following a few weeks of arrest rumors and general gossip among the student body stemming from media leaks of charges brought against the rapper by a woman who claims he held her hostage.

The news was met with a general consensus of disappointment from Fordham students who were anxious to find out who could possibly be replacing Soulja Boy so last-minute. CAB (Campus Activities Board) surprised us all with a quick announcement of the entertainer who would be stepping in: Bryce Vine.

Bryce who? Vine what? I woke up from a nap to texts from at least five different friends all along the lines of: "WTF is this??" If you, too, were disappointed in the choice of replacement, you are in good company.

Most of my friends didn't recognize the name immediately. Even after a quick Google search told us that he was the artist behind the pop-hit "Drew Barrymore," we still didn't know much else about him or his music.

I've been doing a little personal research (AKA listening to his singles) and honestly? I was pretty impressed. His songs are low-key bops and I'm not mad about getting to hear him live. Some of my friends and classmates are still upset, but I'm pretty pumped.

Bryce Vine seems like a pretty great artist, and he has a fan base that keeps growing. We're lucky to have any performer so last minute, much less someone who's already making waves in the music world. If nothing else, it's a chance to listen to new music and enjoy time with your friends.

I have to admit though, I'm still a little upset. I'd been practicing my Pretty Boy Swag in the shower for a solid month and a half. No matter how good Bryce Vine's performance is, it's still disappointing that I don't get to Crank Dat with the Soulja Boy.