For The Curls, Kinks & Freaks

For The Curls, Kinks & Freaks

Product Review: Cantu Wave Whip Mousse

64
For The Curls, Kinks & Freaks
Noelleadores.tumblr.com

To all my Naturalistas, this review is for YOU

So guys, I have been natural for going on 6 years now and let me say finding products that work for my super dry 4b hair has been extremely hard. BUT, I have stumbled across a gem for my natural sisters searching high and low for a great foam when doing protective styling. Oh, and let me say it is very inexpensive for sister’s balling on a budget.

I am sure we have all heard of the Cantu line which has truly evolved over the years but ladies this product has become my all-time favorite. The Cantu Wave Whip Curling Mousse is literally the clouds of heaven stuffed into a foam pump bottle and I am not exaggerating. I used this product doing a perm rod set, and if you have done a perm rod set before you know two things. 1) Those little rods feel like you are sleeping on all of life’s trials and tribulations and 2) finding a foam that does not make your hair feel like crunchy Cheetos, sometimes seems impossible but today I am here to change your life, and hair.

When I first applied the product on freshly washed hair I instantly felt that my hair did not dry out and surprisingly my kinks and coils were very defined. I must say this is vitally important, especially when protective styling. Always, pay attention to your hair and how it reacts to certain products and styles. Yes, all our hair types were made beautiful but the properties and demands for each type will always be different. No matter the productive style, if the product you are lathering your hair with does not moisturize your hair, nine times out of ten it is not made for your hair type. So please remember, sometimes it is okay to disregard the “for all hair types” label; it could end up being the worst thing possible for your lovely tresses. After applying the product to my hair, my curls were still soft and tangle free. This helped tremendously when rolling my hair. It felt as if my hair just effortless wrapped around the rollers, which gave them a smooth appearance. Now, I know this is the expectation of every foam/mousse when styling this way BUT you guys have not met the unruly child I call my hair. Do not get me wrong, I love the non-cooperative ends of my hair, however, this time she finally met her match.

Diani 1: Hair 1,863

After the dreadful night of searching for a way to sleep comfortably on my face, I have to say the end result was worth it. When I removed the perm rods from my hair not only did it pull apart without sounding like I was balling up a chip bag, the amount of body I had was amazing. My hair was soft, bouncy, and full of luster. Lastly, the style held up for about a week… and we all know just getting second-day hair is a blessing.

I highly recommend this product to anyone who wants to try a roller set (do not be like me, choose softer rollers), I promise it is worth the 6 bucks you will pay.

You ladies are awesome,

(P.S: A picture of my hair will be below)

Love you much,

-Di.