This Is For The Boys That Broke My Best Friend’s Heart

She may not write about you, but I will.

126
Joshua Sazon

Hi.

I'm the best friend.

Let's go ahead and skip the part where you pretend

that nothing ever happened.

Trust me, I know.

You broke her,

so I'm just trying to understand.

She carved out her heart,

placed the beating organ in your hand,

and you just drop it.

I've come to realize it's not that she wasn't enough.

Obviously, she was more than you could hold.

I guess you couldn't handle the weight of gold.

Her heart has all this love to give.

It will pour like rain in a hurricane,

so if you keep using your umbrella,

she'll find another place to be a perfect storm.

And for the players,

when you were younger,

you used to play with trucks and race cars,

but now you're a teenager,

and you like playing with hearts.

She is one of many that died just trying to love you.

She grew roses in her chest,

but you thought it'd be fun to play life or death;

you were always the latter.

And as for the boys that held her too tight:

you gave her a place to call home,

but locked the door.

Your arms; the chains bound to her body.

Your overprotection painted with jealousy.

She couldn't breathe anymore.

Love cannot grow in tight grips and loose wrists.

As young women,

we search for self confidence in the

mouths of teenage boys,

but the only person that can truly

make us feel loved is ourselves.

5 Reasons to Consider a Career as a Defense Lawyer

Lawyers are supposed to be unbiased. Lawyers are trained to look at both sides of an issue and give equal weight to each side. It is meant to be their mantra, "My client is innocent until proven guilty."

64536
Career as a Defense Lawyer

Lawyers are supposed to be unbiased. Lawyers are trained to look at both sides of an issue and give equal weight to each side. It is meant to be their mantra, "My client is innocent until proven guilty." But if you're thinking about becoming a defense attorney, it's not this pretty simple. Defense lawyers argue that their clients are innocent because they don't want their actions to seem suspect in any way. They essentially say for the sake of the argument itself. If you're trying to decide whether or not becoming a defense attorney is something you would like to do, here are five reasons why it's worth considering: