3 Foods To Boost Your Brain Power During Finals Season

These healthy foods will boost your brain when you need it most.

128
Jannis Brandt

Food serves a big purpose in our lives, and healthy food is proven to have many positive benefits for one’s health and well being. Healthy food provides us with energy, the correct nutrients, in addition to reducing the risk of heart disease, cholesterol, and other health problems.

But did you know that some healthy foods can actually boost your brain power too? As college students, I think we all need to be informed about every way we can enhance our brain capacity. Increasingly, studies are showing that certain foods are proven to improve one’s memory, concentration, decision-making skills, and problem-solving skills.

That is why below I have devised a list of three foods that will boost your brain power and a few ways you can incorporate them into your everyday life.

1. Blueberries:

The first brain food is the blueberry. There are so so so many health benefits to this tiny fruit, and below are a list of the brain benefits of this antioxidant-rich superfood.

1) Improves Memory

2) Boosts Concentration

3) Faster Decision Making

4) Maintains Brain Function

5) Boosts Brain Cells Activity

Ways to use blueberries:

1) Add a handful to a bowl of cereal

2) Sprinkle them on top of salad

3) Try making blueberry muffins

4) Add them to pancakes

5) Put them on top of yogurt

2. Dark Chocolate:

The second brain food is dark chocolate. Now, not milk chocolate or any type of chocolate, but dark chocolate. Look for chocolate products that are 70% cocoa or more; that is where you are going to see the positive benefits. Some benefits include:

1) Relieves Stress

2) Improves mood

3) Increases Focus

4) Increases Attention Span

5) Enhances Problem-Solving Skills

Ways to use dark chocolate:

1) Add chunks of dark chocolate to trail mix

2) Dark chocolate covered raisins

3) Dark chocolate covered almonds

4) Dark chocolate covered pretzels

5) Dark Chocolate Brands: Endangered Species, Alter Eco, Equal Exchange, and Theo

3. Avocados:

Last up on the list are avocados. Avocados are incredibly nutritious and have so many amazing health benefits. Many health experts would say that they are the “perfect” all around food. Some brain benefits include:

1) Improves Memory

2) Boosts Concentration

3) Increases Healthy Blood Flow

4) Increases Motivation

5) Enhances focus

Ways to use avocados:

1) Avocado and egg toast

2)Add them to salads

3) Add them to sandwiches

4) Make guacamole

5) Throw them in a smoothie (it will make it extra creamy & filling)

There you have it. Those are 3 brain-boosting foods that all students should start incorporating into their life now! Take advantage of these foods and not only will they improve your health, but they may help improve your grades as well. Happy eating!