9 Weird Foods From Pop Culture We Wanted To Try As Kids

As weird as they were, they all still looked so good!

61

I may be biased, but I definitely think that children's TV shows and movies were WAY better when I was growing up.

As someone who grew up with movies and TV shows like "The Amanda Show" and "The Incredibles," it's clear that TV shows and movies today just don't compare. They had more creative plots, hilarious characters, and so much more.

One of the major things I remember from TV shows and movies growing up was the food! This might just be because I've always loved eating since I was able to chew, but there were some made up foods that I would have given anything to try. If I'm being honest, I still really want to try these foods.

That being said, here are a few of the childhood foods I distinctly remember and I really wanted to try:

1. Jimmy Neutron's perfect candy

Jimmy Neutron's perfect candy had everyone going crazy! From the kids to the adults, everyone was obsessed with it. The bright purple color also made it look super fun and inviting. I still to this day wonder what it tastes like.

2. Willy Wonka's three course chewing gum

Out of all the crazy inventions Willy Wonka had, this one was always my favorite. The idea of a full meal in one piece of chewing gum sounded so appealing to me. The best part of eating good food is obviously the taste, and with the gum, you get a whole meal without eating a thing. If you told me I'd turn purple if I chewed this gum, I wouldn't even give it a second thought.

3. Spaghetti tacos from "iCarly"

This one isn't actually that crazy, and if someone wanted, they could definitely make spaghetti tacos. However, the first time I saw this combination, I took a minute to think about it. My first thought was that I wanted to try it. Honestly, Spencer could have sold me anything - his creativity was what made me interested in spaghetti tacos in the first place. Before I leave this earth, it is on my bucket list to try a spaghetti taco.

4. Jimmy Neutron's book candy

A candy that makes you super smart?! Sign me up, please! I remember watching that episode when I was little and thinking, "This is such a brilliant idea! If this were real, I wouldn't have to study for spelling tests anymore." Now if I think about that candy, I think to myself, "This is such a brilliant idea! If this were real, I wouldn't have to study for Anthropology anymore." Childhood me and college me haven't really changed.

5. Remy's ratatouille

THIS LOOKS DELICIOUS AND NO ONE CAN DENY THAT. In the movie, the ratatouille tasted so good that Anton Ego was transported back to his childhood. That ratatouille has to be magical and I can only imagine where it would teleport me if I had the opportunity to taste it.

6. Hot chocolate from "The Polar Express"

"The Polar Express" will forever be one of my favorite holiday movies. The hot chocolate scene is iconic and features an extremely catchy song. The hot chocolate always looked so delicious to me. I'd assume the best hot chocolate would come from the magical train that takes children to the North Pole.

7. Gumbo and beignets from "The Princess and the Frog"

I'm convinced that anything that Tiana makes is Michelin Star worthy, but her gumbo and beignets seemed extra amazing. While watching the movie, it was almost like I could smell the beignets through the screen.

8. Blix from "Zoey 101"

I was obsessed with "Zoey 101" and I wanted to go to school there so badly. I wanted everything that school had, from the dorms to the jet-x scooter they got to ride. I also really wanted to try that Blix drink everyone would drink. I know this technically isn't a food, but it was definitely something everyone wished they could try. Gatorade? Never heard of her.

9. The Krabby Patty (and all its forms)

It was my childhood DREAM to try a Krabby Patty. Spongebob was my life, and therefore Krabby Patties were a part of my life. Everyone from the Seven Seas wanted to try a Krabby Patty. If an entire bus full of anchovies causes a scene over a sandwich, then I wanna try it too! Squidward ate a whole vault of Krabby Patties after he swore he hated Krabby Patties.

Oh and don't even start me on the different versions of the Krabby Patty. For example, the pretty patties that everyone loved until they caused their tongues to change colors. I always thought that would be pretty cool. And how could anyone forget the Krabby Patty with jellyfish jelly! Even though the idea of jelly on a burger isn't the most appealing thing, Spongebob made it sound like the best food in the entire world.