Food You Eat As A Kid That You'd Never Eat Today

Everyone feels a hint of nostalgia when they think about their childhood.

Whether you instantly think of the places you used to go, the people you used to know, the things you used to do, or the things you used to say, the word "childhood" alone is enough to bring back vivid memories of the "good old days."

Those were simpler times, and we tend to miss those more than any as adult life continues to slam us with new twists and turns.

However, the same cannot always be said about the foods we adored as kids.

They say your taste buds change with age, and that's a great thing for some of us because kids are notoriously weird about food. Some are picky eaters whose diets consist solely of chicken nuggets, macaroni and cheese, and mashed potatoes. Others will eat everything from brussels sprouts to dirt. There's just no telling where you will land when you decide to welcome a bundle of joy into the world.

Regardless of where your eating habits fell on the spectrum of weird when you were a child, you probably enjoyed these 17 foods, but they likely make you gag now that you're an adult.

Guard your stomachs for this trip down memory lane, because some of these are pretty offensive.

1. Frozen Fish Sticks

Flickr / Takahiro Yamagiwa

2. Kid Cuisine

theimpulsivebuy / Flickr

3. Cheez Whiz

Spray cheese. What an invention.

4. Mac & Cheese With Hot Dog Chunks

Flickr / Amy Jane Gustafson

5. Bologna Sandwiches

Flickr / bnpositive

6. Spaghetti O's

7. Mashed Potatoes With Ketchup

Flickr / Jitsu

8. Lunchroom Pizza

Wikipedia

9. Cereal With Orange Juice

10. Peanut Butter And Mayo Sandwiches

11. Ketchup On Noodles

Needpix

12. Straight Butter

Flickr / greenmelinda

13. Peanut Butter And Pickles

Flickr / CrumleyFamily

14. Dog Treats

15. Eggs With Pancake Syrup

16. Cake Mix

Flickr / Mike Mozart

17. Heinz EZ Squirt Ketchup

See also: 10 Foods You'll Eat In College More Than You Ever Have Before, Or Ever Will After