5 Of The Tastiest International Foods From Around The World

5 International Foods That'll Send Your Cuisine Tastes Around The Globe

Pierogies. Are. Life.

70

In the past couple of years, I have been involved in a "foreign culture challenge" with a group of friends. One of the activities has been to "eat food from your target culture." So far, I have been designated only three countries - France, Venezuela, and now Poland - for the challenge, but these three have given me some great cuisines to taste! Below are my favorite international foods from the ones I've tasted thus far in the challenge.

1. Arepas

Venezuelan (and Colombian) bundles of joy! This gluten-free, rice-based bread can be filled with whatever your heart desires - cheese, veggies, meats, or a combination of all three. One of my favorites is the cheese and veggie arepa combo!

Get the recipe.

2. Pierogi

This delicious food comes from Poland. A pierogi is a noodle and, much like an arepa, it can be filled with anything you want - meat, veggies, and potatoes are all popular filling choices. Pierogis are hearty and great for the winter months! They are relatively easy to warm up, too - simply place them in a pot filled with water, turn on the heat and wait for them to rise.

Get the recipe.

3. Crêpes

I'm sure you've had crêpes before. What's not to love? You can fill these with jams, Nutella, or cheese (Yum!). They are easy to eat on the go as well. Crêpes originate from Brittany, France and are now beloved all around the world.

Get the recipe.

4. Fresh Bread

Photo by Couleur on Pixabay

I'm not sure if this counts as "international cuisine" but there is something delicious about freshly-baked croissants or organic bread from around the world (especially when paired with cheese!).

5. Empanadas

Found and beloved all over America - empanadas are pockets filled with anything you want. Many of them are easy to eat on the go and they can be very satisfying. You can have them with veggies or meat, and they are prepared differently depending on where you go in Latin America.

Get the recipe.

Thus concludes my top five dishes from the international cuisines that I've sampled so far. Do you have any international cuisine you love? What is your favorite international food?