10 Struggles Of Food Allergies

10 Struggles All People With Food Allergies Understand

Does this purse have room for my Epi-Pen?

325

Having been severely allergic to peanuts my entire life, I've come across my fair share of struggles that come with the territory. From people being uneducated about the severity of allergies to overprotective mothers, to day-to-day inconveniences, I can assure you that if you don't have an allergy, you should be thankful. For my fellow people with food allergies, at least we can take solace in the fact that we are all in this struggle together. These are just a few of the things that people with food allergies deal with and hear on a day-to-day basis.

Carrying an Epi-Pen can be a major outfit ruiner

lizzy mcguire

As someone who hates carrying around a purse all the time, it's either find an outfit where I can hide my Epi-Pen in my bra or pocket, or risk my life.

Telling someone you have an Epi-Pen and getting, "So, where would I stab you, in the neck?"

the office

If you want to kill me even faster than the peanut butter coursing through my veins, you can take this route.

Not ever being able to eat the birthday treats in elementary school and being isolated during lunch

sad tear

"You can't even have one bite?" No.

Having an extremely overprotective mom

full house

Yes, I'm almost 20-years-old. No, I still can't leave the house without my mom making sure I have my Epi-Pen.

You could never eat the good candy on Halloween

new girl

"You can eat your candy after we go through and make sure it's all okay for you to eat!"

Having to read the labels on everything

justin timberlake

Quick trip to the grocery store? No such thing.

Leaning in for the kiss of death...literally

fuller house

*Leaning in for the kiss*

WAIT…list everything you've eaten in the past 12 hours.

Waiters and waitresses just don't get it

diner

"I think it's fine!" Oh, you think so? Not like my life is on the line or anything.

The classic outraged, "SO YOU'VE NEVER HAD..."

jimmy fallon

Nope, never! Probably because it would send me into anaphylactic shock!

There are a few perks! Very, very few

thumbs up

Perks of food allergies are limited to pre-boarding on planes and avoiding unhealthy deserts, but hey, at least it's something!