The Best Skin Care Tips For EVERY Type Of Skin

Discover what works best for your skin type and add these tips to your beauty regimen.

145

It is essential that we take care of our facial skin. The sooner we follow an appropriate facial care routine the better for our skin. There are four types of skin: normal, dry, oily and combination. Each skin type has an ideal care regimen that will help take care of it better.

Take a moment to discover what facial skin type you have to personalize your skin care. Below you will find the description of each skin type and what is suitable to do for every kind!

1. Normal Skin

Normal skin is characterized by radiant complexion, few wrinkles and lines and less visible pores. Those who are lucky enough to have normal skin almost never break out. So great, right? Their skin is well-balanced, meaning not too oily nor too dry.

Care Tips

Use a water-soluble cleanser and toner to keep your skin clean and remaining fresh without breaking out. Apply a daytime and nighttime moisturizer to avoid wrinkles.

2. Dry Skin

Dry skin has red patches, more visible lines and zero pores. If your skin feels rough and tight, you will more likely fall into this category. It may also sting when applying cream or makeup due to high sensitivity. The reason behind the dryness is due to the reduced sebum production

Care Tips

Use a gentle cleanser for your face and wash only at night. Apply retinol. Retinol helps keep your skin moisturized and is also an anti-aging agent. It may also cause redness if your skin is too sensitive, and if this occurs, limit the applications. Don’t forget about SPF!

3. Oily Skin

Oily skin is exactly the opposite of dry skin. The skin produces an extensive amount of sebum which leads to the shininess and the visible pores. Non-inflammatory (black and whiteheads) and inflammatory acne (cystic zits and pimples) may also appear on the face.

Care Tips

Wash your face twice a day with a gentle cleanser with salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide. Never pop or squeeze pimples! This will only make them spread out, slow the healing process, and worsen the situation. Applying retinol is also helpful as it decreases the oil production.

4. Combination skin

Combination skin is known by the famous T-zone (forehead, nose and chin) breaking out while the cheeks, and eye area remains dry. You may be surprised that many people have this type of skin. It may sometimes be kind of rough to deal with this kind since it's pretty much a mix of dry and oily skin.

Care Tips

Use a mild facial cleanser (salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide as well) to wash before bed. Applying spot-on treatments such as salicylic acid only on pimples or oily areas will avoid drying other areas. Keep your face moisturized with SPF.

Follow these care tips, and turn them into a habit for quicker results. Remember to also drink plenty of water throughout the day, keep a healthy diet and always cleanse your face before sleeping to have a radiant skin!