Flu Season At College, As Told By The Cast Of 'Riverdale'

A bunch of dramatic characters being dramatic about flu season.

137
The CW

Flu season is here and it is hitting hard. It seems as though every day someone else you know is being diagnosed with the flu, a sinus infection, some other virus-the list goes on. Personally, I have decided that the best option is to avoid people at all costs in order to avoid germs. In other words, if you are sniffling, coughing, sneezing and definitely if you have any more serious symptoms- please stay away from me. Thank you. Anyway, I apologize if that sounds harsh, but sometimes we all get a bit feisty. Below, the undeniably feisty and always full of attitude characters of Riverdale explain 5 thoughts you might have during this flu season.

1. Disappointment.

The first strike takes place just as you sit down for your first class. You are sitting there innocently, minding your own business when suddenly you notice that guy to the left of you attempt to discreetly pull out a box of tissues from his bag. Woah, woah, woah there. The second strike occurs as you watch the guy sneeze, and third, quickly follows as he loudly blows his nose much too close to you. You cannot believe this is actually happening. It is, or at least should be, common decency for anyone sick to you know, not come to class and infect everyone around them. You find yourself feeling disappointed guy to the left, and wonder if anyone ever taught him any manners.

2. Heartbreak.

This is a little bit of a tougher case. This is the feeling you have when you catch your friend sneezing and then have to *politely* inform them that you two will not be seeing each other for the next week, or at least as long as their symptoms last. You don't feel disgusted the way you do when you catch a stranger in the act of hacking up his lung, but you also don't exactly want to be anywhere near this sniffling, wheezing, probably fever-ridden friend of yours. Your goodbye with your diseased friend is heartbreaking, but you know you will have a beautiful reunion and that's what counts

3. Pity.

The simpletons around you have nothing on you, and you feel sorry for them. Armed with your disinfectant wipes, hand sanitizer, and vitamin C supplements (chewable, of course)-you are determined to slay the dragon that is the flu, and any other infection that thinks it can trap you. You are unstoppable, you are invincible, you are powerful. You only wish the others around you could be the same way, and then maybe the Black Plague-read: the flu-would have already been stopped in its tracks. In the meantime, you will continue looking around at everyone else, who will likely be coughing and bed-ridden within the week-with pity.

4. Disgust.

This is the moment in which your friend tries to play off how sick he really is and offers to share food with you. Or tries to go in for a hug. Or, really, anything equally as gross. As the infected hands reach for you and the infected body comes closer, all you can think is how disgusted you are. Between used tissues and people walking around with a fever, everywhere you turn has left you feeling emotions of repulsion. You are always on your guard and it's tiring.

5. Betrayal.

The unthinkable has occurred. You and your vitamins, disinfectants, orange juice, and germ-warding were ultimately no match for the flu. But, it's not your fault and you know it. You blame the germ-ridden people around you and their refusal to stay quarantined in the midst of their illness. You feel betrayed by both your infectious friends as well as the vitamins you tried so hard to devour. All of your efforts were met with fruitless results. Have fun being stuck in bed for the next week.

So there you have it. I think it's clear that the main message here is that no matter how much you try to stay uninfected, and no matter how dramatic you are about it-you will still get sick. Basically, it's inevitable. It's okay though, at least you'll get a break from class for a little!