Five Ways to Conquer the Next Semester

Five Ways to Conquer the Next Semester

The second semester always seem longer and harder than the first but these tips will help you through it.

18
Five Ways to Conquer the Next Semester
KeepCalm-O-Matic

It's time for the second semester of the year. Time to asses the outcome of last semester and plan accordingly for this one. If this is your first year in college, you can either take the second semester of the year by storm or take a little bit of a break. It might seem like it lasts forever but just remember that there is summer at the end of sixteen weeks. Here are five ways that you can conquer this semester:

1. Take the time to make a calendar for each class. This sounds time consuming but it will help keep you organized in each of your classes. Use different colors to represent homework, quizzes, tests, readings, and other assignments. You can download and print off many different styles and designs online.

2. Find some good channels on YouTube to subscribe to. These are so helpful when your professor isn't available or if you just need the information explained another way. They have channels for almost any subject so no matter what your major is you're covered.

3. If you find your notes hard to look back on, try taking them a different way. Try taking them 'Cornell' style or try typing them instead of writing them out. Highlight only the most important information and if they seem boring or hard to follow along with, try writing in different colors or even fonts.

4. Try applying for new scholarships. There are so many different scholarships available, and some of them don't even require a lot to apply for. If you have some downtime try applying for some, what can it hurt? Maybe you'll end up getting some extra money for school out of making use of your free time.

5. Schedule a meeting with your advisor before school is out for the summer. One meeting a semester is usually enough for a student. If anything else, just make sure that you are still on track with all of your classes and find out what you need to be scheduling for the next school year.

Hopefully these tips help you out on making this a successful semester. Good luck and don't forget to make this semester the greatest one yet!