Five Reasons To Shop At Consignment Stores

Who doesn't love cute clothes for half the price?

915
yourecards

Who doesn't love to shop? We shop for what we need, and we shop for what we want. We shop for fun, and we shop because we are bored. We can find any excuse to shop. When we are at the mall, we can justify a reason to buy almost anything, whether it’s that cute $50 top from Ann Taylor or the new $250 Michael Kors handbag that we just have to have.

Sometimes we buy things we don’t even need. Most of us have clothes in our closets with the tag still on them or clothes that we have only worn once.

As broke college girls, we want all the name brand and designer items that we love so much, but we can’t afford them on our budget.

Instead of spending excessive amounts of money on name brand items from the mall, why don’t we spend less money on the same name brand items at consignment stores? Makes sense, right?

1. Same Brands, Less Money

Many consignments shops fill their stores with current styles and name brand items just like you could find at the mall. The items come from the consignors, who bring their items in to sell. Although they are typically used items, they are still in good shape and cost a lot less than the retail price, sometimes up to 75 percent off.

2. Different Brands, One Stop

Unlike at the mall, when you go from store to store to find what you are looking for, at a consignment shop, they have all types of brands. You could leave with an item from Banana Republic, American Eagle, and Coach all at one stop and for less.

3. Unusual Items and Finds

At a consignment store, you can find it all. Since the items come from other people, you never know what you’ll find. Others can bring in items from across the country, one-of-a-kind items, or very expensive designer items. It’s cool to find things that everyone else may not have.

4. Selling Items

The only thing better than finding cute, name brand, and cheap clothes in a consignment store is that they will sell your items for you, too. You can bring in items that you don’t wear or haven’t worn, and they will give you a percentage of what it sells for.

5. Shop Local

Most consignment shops are locally owned. Shopping at consignment stores, and any local store, helps out the community and those small business owners.

Shopping at a consignment store is a win-win for everyone. You can find the same clothes for less, so why not? What is better than shopping at a place that has all the name brand stuff you want for less and can help you make money?

So go out, grab your girlfriends, and find your local consignment store. Check it out and start saving!