7 Bands You Absolutely Need To Know

7 Bands You Absolutely Need To Know

Stop sleeping on these guys.

89
7 Bands You Absolutely Need To Know
nineteen800

Fall is officially here and that means that it's time for a change. It's a discovery time of sorts, and I'm here to help you out. I've taken the liberty of compiling a list of bands that I think you should be adding to your Spotify playlist right away. These artists range in popularity but all have the ability to make it big. I refuse to stop until everyone has heard of them. I'm serious. Just ask my roommate.

1. Civil Youth — Philadelphia, Pa.

I love these humans. I met them at a music festival back in April and I am so proud to see how far they've come in even that short time. They have opened up for Twenty One Pilots at Radio 104.5's Birthday Bash. They won the chance to open for Blink 182 in Atlantic City (even though the show was cancelled). Their music can be described as a mixture of alternative, rock and rap. I think of it as Linkin Park meets Twenty One Pilots.

2. Broadside — Richmond, Va.

I just saw this band last week. They were incredible. I'm going to be honest, I only knew all the words to one of their songs. But they are more than just the "Coffeetalk," band and I think it's about time that people knew that. They were part of the lineup on this summer's Van's Warped Tour and are on tour with Like Pacific as we speak. Their sound is awesome. Their live show is fun and their energy is contagious.

3. With Confidence — Sydney, Aus.

Once again, I saw this band perform live on Warped Tour. I'm happy to say that their following here in the states has started to grow, but in my opinion, not as quickly as it should be. I can't wait to see these guys blow up. They're one of the best new pop-punk bands I've heard in the last few years. Also With Confidence is not trying to be 5 Seconds Of Summer so everyone who thinks that can sit right back down. Give them a listen and I promise in a few years, they'll be Yellowcard/All Time Low status.

Sidenote: They have a song called "Voldemort," so we already should love them.

4. Boston Manor — Blackpool, UK

This band is in your face. They're mad. They're sad. They're angsty. Personally, I'm a huge fan of the angst. I never really went through an 'I hate this town,' phase so it just slowly became a part of me and I live vicariously through pop-punk music. Once again, much like With Confidence, this group is slowly gathering their American following but I'm trying to help that as much as I can. So go, put on a flannel, grab your snapback and lace up your vans. You're going to need them.

5. Household — Minneapolis, Mo.

These guys are like an underground The Story So Far... if that makes any sense. Their sound can be classified as "hardcore pop-punk." It's not hardcore punk like Born Against or The Ghost Inside. It's not "light" pop-punk like State Champs or Neck Deep. It falls into that weird section in the middle. They have just released their first full-length and I doubt that this will be the last time we hear from them. As their sound develops, Household will move into 'Defeater' territory - not necessarily in exposure but in sound. I'm excited to see what they have up their sleeve.

6. Have Mercy — Baltimore, Md.

I love this band. I'm not ashamed. Let me shout it from the rooftops. "I LOVE HAVE MERCY!" They're signed with my favorite label (Shout out, Hopeless Records), so I might be a little biased. They have been around since 2011 and the amount of people who have no idea who this band is actually appalls me. If you like The Wonder Years, I promise you will like Have Mercy. Their music can range from loud and angst-driven to slowed down and powerful. Either way, they are someone you have to see live. Trust me when I say, you will not regret it.

7. Tiny Moving Parts — Benson, Minn.

The first time I saw this band, they were opening up for The Wonder Years, so obviously, people know who they are. I have no doubt in my mind Tiny Moving Parts is going to be like Twenty One Pilots in the sense that they're going to have a song that blows up and then suddenly the entire world is obsessed with them. There's nothing wrong with that, but I would prefer it happens sooner rather than later. Now this band has been around for eight years. EIGHT. They have three albums. Their songs are super sing-a-long-esque, which I love. Get your friends in the car, roll down the windows and blast their records. Let everyone know exactly how you're feeling.

Did I miss any? This is a two-way street. Let me know!