5 Habits You Need To Change Before Finals

Habits to ensure your success this finals season

3

Everyone has some bad habits they have grown used to over the course of the semester. But, now, it is crunch time. Finals are looming just around the corner and, suddenly, that psychology class you have not attended in a month or two matters, again. Here are some ways you can change your degenerate habits into things that will allow to you return next semester.   

1. Turn Netflix into a study game! Usually, when games come to mind with Netflix, you think of drinking games.  But as fun as that is, that will not quite work for studying for accounting. Who are we kidding -- you won't stop watching Netflix. But if you can make yourself spend 30 minutes studying on a Saturday for every episode you watch on Netflix, you will definitely thank yourself, come Monday. You can even combine subjects and convince yourself that by watching Walking Dead, you are actually studying for anthropology.   

2. Stop going out so much.  It may seem harmless, but even if you had no intention of studying that night, it will kill your motivation and ability to be productive the next day. Every freshman in the world thinks they can get away with it -- and every sophomore with an above C average knows that you cannot. Stay in and play some video games with friends, next time, instead of going to a party that is exactly like the other 800 parties during the semester. You might just get something done the next day. Who knows, you might even attend class! 

3. Go to your damn classes. It may seem like a waste of time for some classes, but professors love to feel important. Even if they teach something like E.E. for non-majors.  If you end up with an 89 in a class, they may just bump you, if they feel like you value their class.  Also, most professors do horrible, awful things -- like go over final specific material in class that you cannot see anywhere else. Which is a shame, but you should be there to learn it.

4. Fix your sleep schedule. This one is pretty simple. After all, none of your classes have finals after 2 p.m. when you have been waking up. So at some point before your finals, you need to start waking up at some ungodly early hour, like 8 a.m. or 9 a.m.   

5. Don't hang out with friends who don't have the same classes as you. This one is hard, but just drop them. Hang out with friends who you can peer pressure into actually working, and combine your understanding of the subject.  Between all of your friends, you can probably put together around half of the semester's notes, which may be just enough to pass!

Keep your head up. Christmas break is just around the corner.