Finding Your Purpose in Life

Finding Your Purpose in Life

God has gifted me with so much throughout my life and the fruit that He has pruned for me is everything that I can use in my life ahead.

25
Finding Your Purpose in Life
Unsplash.com

For any child, growing up is hard. One will go through a lot while growing up, everything from learning how to walk and talk, leaning how to read and write, finding the difference from right and wrong, and so on and so forth.

Most of the things that kids learn while growing up, happen in a way that is normal for everyone, but there are a few things that are different from person to person. One of those things is finding their purpose in life. Finding ones purpose happens differently for everyone and it happens with different motives behind it. This process takes time for that individual, they must take their time and allow for new things to come into their life because those new things might lead to their purpose, and inevitably, bigger and better things in their life.

Through most of Jr. High and High School, I really wasn't sure what I wanted to do with my life. It wasn't until a rough patch in my life, when I found my purpose.

After a couple of years with rough patches scattered throughout, I came to find that I needed something more in my life and I wasn't sure what. That is when I began to attend church on a regular basis. I had been baptized and raised in the catholic church but we were never strong in our faith as a family, so I knew a little bit about religion, the bible, and God. When I started going to church, I started to go to youth group as well and began to do bible studies every week with two of my good friends. It wasn't until a few things clicked for me that I found why I was put on this earth.

Through learning in church and in my bible study, I found that God has put each and every one of us on this earth for a reason. In John 15:1-17 Jesus says, “I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in me that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit. Already you are clean because of the word that I have spoken to you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing." In this verse, God is speaking of the branches with fruit to be pruned by him. This 'fruit' that he speaks of are the things he has given us to use. Things such as talents, strengths, and ideas. These things that he has given us must be used in order to achieve our purpose in life. These things are what I found in myself that led me to where I am today.

After deciding to except my faith and to abide in God and the Holy Bible, I decided to look in to this verse and after reading it and taking a look at all of the 'fruit' that our father has given me, I came to realize that I do have a really great purpose in life that I feel he has Called me to do on this earth.

God has gifted me with so much throughout my life and the fruit that he has pruned for me is everything that I can use in my life ahead. He has gifted me the ability to be personable, the passion to help and assist others, and the ability to learn. Using Gods fruit that he has gifted me, I found a career and a purpose in life in which I could utilize all of the skills that he has given me, Nursing.

I found that my main purpose on earth is to help others and that the other things that I have been gifted could be very useful in doing just that. Through me, I believe that God is working to help and heal people in need. In nursing, I look to use my traits in order to help all that I can, just as God has planned for me.