My Happily Ever After

My Happily Ever After

Don't settle for a frog, because you deserve a prince.

349
My Happily Ever After

Every little girl dreams of marrying Prince Charming and living “Happily Ever After”. They imagine what their wedding would be like, what dress they would wear, what cake they would have, etc. Don’t worry, I’m guilty of this too. I watched every Disney Princess movie and imagined my wedding day frequently. I remember wanting to grow up, so I could have a love as amazing as a fairytale’s.

Fast forward ten years or so, I wasn’t so sure about Prince Charmings anymore.Most boys I knew seemed like frogs. I still had hope for the fairytale love, but the hope was fading. College came along, and all of my friends were going on dates with these boys, but I wasn’t. My Prince Charming was nowhere to be found. I was discouraged and didn’t feel like the princess that I know I am.

I became stronger and stopped searching for my Prince Charming for a while. Focusing on my studies and becoming a better person, I still didn’t give up on my fairytale. I knew it would come someday, so I bettered myself.Then one day my handsome Prince Charming showed up. All of those years of frogs and frustration floated away. Now I have my Happily Ever After and have never been happier.

What I have learned in my journey is that Prince Charmings are out there. Girls, please don’t give up. Don’t settle. You are princesses who deserve a prince who always tells you that you are beautiful. You deserve a prince who will hold your hand and wipe away your tears. But most importantly, you are a princess!You are amazing and strong just the way you are! Yes, it’s nice to have a prince, but you don’t need them to make you happy. Never forget your worth!