Finding Jobs During A Pandemic

Finding Jobs During A Pandemic

Almost seems like there's no hope.

22
Finding Jobs During A Pandemic

It's been about a month since being in quarantine, and for the most part, life at home is ok. I am fortunate enough to be with my family and purchase the necessary household items. As it is my last year in college, it means finding a job is inevitable. However, it seems almost impossible to secure because of this pandemic.

As a creative, it is much easier to find jobs that allow remote work. I have been actively applying for jobs almost everyday in hopes that someone would reach out and accept me, or even just reach out for an interview. I've received responses saying that job applications have been put on hold. It is understandable, since this pandemic has caused us a great deal. People are losing money, many have been getting laid off, and so many more unfortunate circumstances. With so much happening, it would be a miracle to even get a job during this time.

There is certainly a lot more pressure when family members have to start filing for unemployment, due to their jobs being non-essential. While they encourage me not to stress about it, I find that it is necessary to start now to secure a full-time position. Loans are a big issue, but so is being able to help support my family.

In this time of fear, distress, and uncertainty, it is important to keep looking towards the future. While we may never know when we can be let outside to enjoy time with others and go back into offices, it is never too late to look for options.