Find Yourself Before You Find "The One"

Find Yourself Before You Find "The One"

You need to figure out who YOU truly are.

242
Find Yourself Before You Find "The One"
Unsplash

As girls, it appears that we are always on the hunt for that perfect S/O. Someone that is going to come into our lives and just knock us off of our feet. Some find this fairly early on in life and the rest of us are left feeling as though we are playing catch up.

There is a reason for this.

Don't get down and hard on yourself because literally, everyone else seems to be in a relationship. It's just not your time yet and maybe you need to take a step back and re-evaluate what your life looks like right now-- what's the bigger picture?

Maybe you're in the middle of your collegiate career in over your head in homework or a young professional who's just starting their career. Let me tell you something-- timing is everything.

Once you hit a certain age, you are no longer looking for the next fling to make you happy for a couple of weeks, a few months even. Your time is valuable, limited, and quite frankly you're over it.

If things don't seem to be working out in the department of love for you right now, be a little selfish and use this time to work on yourself. Now, I'm not saying to go on some crazy diet or take up some random hobby just to fill that void.

Take a step back and ask yourself, "Am I happy?" Because if you can't be happy on your own, you won't ever be happy with someone else.

As cliche as this may sound, I cannot put it into simpler terms. You have to be content with yourself and with your life. Take time to explore your values, morals, and most importantly hold true to them.

Don't let anyone change you but rather be open to even more growth later down the road once you do find that right person.

It's hard to be in a relationship if you still have personal things that you really need to work on. These things could be big or small, but regardless you don't want to drag anyone into your mess!

Girl to girl-- you NEED to have your sh*t together!!!

You will be amazed that when you finally feel like you are the person you were meant to become, who's going to stumble in your life.

When you know who are and what you stand for, you're going to exude confidence.

And, as we all know, confidence is key.

Figuring out who you are is a long process that doesn't happen overnight. Your college years are some of the most impressionable ones of your life.

Years in which you will experience some of the best and worst times ever, but this is all part of the plan.

Every single high and low is essentially a puzzle piece and how you let that shape you and you're thoughts are entirely up to you.

Before you know it, you'll be meeting someone and although it may appear to be unexpected at the time, you can have the piece of mind that you're ready for this.

You know who you are, what you want, and can let the cards fall where they may.