Finals Through The Eyes Of Michelle Tanner

Get ready folks, because the dreaded week is fast approaching.

11
eonline

Despite knowing that classes will end extremely soon, preparing for finals week can make you feel as though you'll never make it to the warmth of summer. Imagining yourself post-finals feels like imagining a fictional character, as actually surviving the next few weeks may feel too impossible to be real.

Don't worry, you're not alone. All of us have, do, and will continue to feel the stress of finals week until we all reach that joyous day of graduation. Until then, however, we all go through (just about) the same emotions during finals week. Let's see how Michelle Tanner from "Full House" perfectly depicts the week we are all dreading.

Sunday: Denial

This is the best time to catch up on all of the TV shows you've forgotten about, respond to your emails, call your dad and do basically everything except what your planner is telling you to do. Just ignore it. We all know what's coming, but that's for future you to deal with, right? Ignorance is bliss.

Monday: Let the cramming commence

Let's just say we've all put off working on four essays, two presentations and studying for three exams until the absolute last minute. The cruelty of reality has to be realized at some point. Goodbye sleep and happiness.

Tuesday: Careful calculations and acceptance of your inevitable failure

"What's the point in taking this exam tomorrow? I know I'm going to get at best a C- , which puts my grade at a D. I haven't participated all semester, so I can't rely on that... I'll just drop out, I'm sure Starbucks is hiring. I might as well give up and work on my resume instead. If I sell all of my textbooks, my graphing calculator and my five-pound bag of coffee, I'll have enough money to pay for the gas to drive home... Mom misses me anyways."

Wednesday: The halfway point

You haven't slept in three days and you still have two or three days to go. You haven't showered in about a week, and you're hangry. Just try not to run into anyone you know on your way to and from the library (if you're lucky enough to even leave).

Thursday: Just trying to keep it together

You've run out of study snacks, meal points and motivation. The end is so close. You've taken an exam in what feels like more classes than you're registered in, yet you somehow still have more to do. Why does anyone willingly go to college?

Friday: What's done is done

Finally, freedom. You worked so hard to keep your grades up all semester and very likely shattered all of that work this week, but you feel unruffled. Finals are in the past, and you literally could not care less.

Sweet, sweet freedom

Time to ignore responsibility for about three months. Celebrate safely, my friends.