Orion Carloto's 'Film For Her' Is The Perfect Reminder To Focus On The Present In 2021

The words of a writer are the most powerful, and "Film for Her" is no exception.

51
Photo by Nelly Perez

I admire those who have power with their words. Orion Carloto is a poet who does just that.

It has been a while since I have let myself read a book, as I rarely have time to read anything that is not a textbook.

I wanted to get back in the route of being able to indulge in the words of others and find a connection within it all.

I recently purchased "Film For Her" by Orion Carloto from my local Barnes and Noble. I put it away quickly. Although I have not had the opportunity to read "Flux," I was intrigued by this specific release and decided to wait until 2021 to read it.

Orion Carloto invites readers to remember the forgotten and reach into the past, find comfort in the present, and make sense of the intangible future.

After reading "Film for Her," I could not help but want to take and romanticize the small things in my life and continue to find joy in the seemingly uneventful moments.

The film Carloto includes is one reason why this book has such power.

Now, I am not one to judge the quality or level of professionalism of the pictures. Regardless, it has made me appreciate the photos that infiltrate the space in my phone. To put it simply, I am in awe of the photos Carloto chooses to include and how a snapshot can hold memories.

I have been glad to begin the year with such a moving book, and this is one that I will keep within arm's reach.

Carloto was able to write for herself while giving the power of feeling to others. Being able to have an insight into her life was a pleasure to experience behind the pages.

I plan to go into 2021 by acknowledging the past year and getting ready for this year.

I am motivated to give more time to create more memories with those I care about and continue to learn. I could have easily read Carloto's book when I purchased it, but I had a feeling that I wanted to wait and see what this piece of text could bring me. I am glad to have waited.

I endlessly ponder about opportunities and the future to the point where I lose sight of the present. Now, I want to focus on what I have now.

What I ultimately got out of reading this beautifully crafted book was the importance of "now." I now know how precious the moments we are currently having in life are.

Get "Film for Her" on Amazon.