Fiction On Odyssey: My Werewolf Story Chapter 6, 7, And 8

Where things get hairy. Literally.

45
WIkia

My Werewolf Story

"How can I avoid the hottest guy in school when he is everywhere I go?"~Shamara

Chapter 6: Shamara's POV

Lunchtime at last. I'm starving. I thought right before my stomach growled.

Before I went to the lunch, I decided to stop by my locker so I didn't have to carry around all my books. The hallway was mostly clear as went through. I found my locker and started putting up my books. As I closed the door, a shadow appeared on the lockers in front of me.

"Well hello there." a masculine voice said behind me.

I turned around and looked at who was blocking my way. He was about 6'1" with white blonde hair. He had eyes that were dark as night itself. He looked at me with a cocky and mischievous smirk.

"And you the hell are you suppose to be?" I replied.

There is something about him that rubs me the wrong way.

"A little spit-fire are we? I like that. my name is Salem Crowe. What is your name beautiful?"

"Sorry, my mother taught me not to talk to assholes. So I will be going now." I said as I was turning toward the lunchroom.

There was loud bang next to my face and saw his arm blocking my way out.

"Excuse me. I have someplace to be." I told him. My temper was rising and he was pissing me off.

"You can hang out with me so we can get to know each other better." He replied.

"So far I am not impressed and I don't want anything to do with you. So go find someone else that willing to drool over you."

"Hmm. I think I need to teach you a lesson on manners. Let's go outside to have that chat. Shall we?"

"I don't think so," I said as I slipped under his arm.

"Oh but I do." He said as he grabbed my arm and started pulling me the opposite way.

"Let go of me!" As soon as I said that, there was a low growl that echoed through the hallways. I looked back to where I thought it came from. Matt?

"Let her go now." He commanded.

"And why would I want to do that?" He asked as Matt walked closer to us.

"If you don't there will be severe consequences, Salem." He growled.

Why is he protecting me? We don't even know each other. I will figure that out later but first...

While Salem was distracted, I slipped out of his hold and took a couple of steps back. He turned back to look at me and I kicked him in the balls. As he was bent over and groaning in pain, I decided it wasn't enough. I was mad and I don't like being told what to do. I grabbed his head and pushed it down hard on my knee.

He will feel that when he wakes up. I haven't had that much fun in a while.

Looked up from Salem and started walking to the lunchroom. I looked back at Matt and saw the funniest look. He had the 'what the hell just happened' face. His mouth and eyes were wide open. I smiled and waved at him, "Tootles!"

Now. Let's eat.

Matt's POV:

What the hell just happened?

She just beat the shit out of him. A werewolf at that.

I have to know who this girl is.

When my state of shock went away, I followed Shamara into the lunchroom. My group was already sitting at our table so I hurried through the lunch line. They were discussing what happened in the hallway. There weren't any witnesses besides me and Salem. She was at the part where she knocked him out. She didn't give much detail into it so I decided to butt in.

"What she is forgetting to mention," I said as I sat down next to Shamara."Is that she kicked him where the sun doesn't shine and then kneed him in the face."

They were shocked as much as I was.

"It's no big deal guys. He was messing with me and I got angry." Shamara replied shyly.

"No big deal? Salem is at least 6'1" and very built. Man, I wish I had that on video." Chloe exclaimed.

"Me too. And where did you learn how to do that, Shamara?" Nick asked.

"Well...um. My dad wanted me to take self-defense classes since they aren't home as much. I've been taking them since my 9th-grade year. "

She is lying. I don't know how I know but she is hiding something.

"Do you think you could show me some moves sometime?" Cheesy I know.

She blushed a deep red and turned her head down to hide it.

"Ye..yeah. Maybe." She stuttered out. "I um...thank you for looking out for me. Even though I could handle it."

"I can tell," I whispered into her ear.

She blushed even harder and got up to leave.

"I...I'll see y'all later. I better get to class." She said as she waved goodbye.

I chuckled at her retreat. I turned back to the others and they had the weirdest expressions.

"What?" I asked.

"What did you say to her that got her so flustered?" Chloe asked back.

"All I did was agree that she could handle herself," I said in defense.

"Ugh...Boys. You know she likes you right? But she is used to being independent most of her life. Slow down and get to know her. She hasn't told us everything and I know she hiding something. But don't scare her away. And my question to you is why you are so protective of her." Dawn said.

"Think that is the most that you have spoken to me, Dawn," I exclaimed.

"Shut up, Matt. And answer the question." She said defiantly.

"Ok.Ok. Y'all were going to find out anyway." I huffed. "She is my mate."

"WHAT!!" Chloe yelled.

"Shhh, Chloe. You are attracting too many people." I said quietly.

"Are sure? Like a 100% sure?" Chloe continued.

"Yes, Chloe. I am sure."

"Oh my gosh!!! I'm so excited!!"

I'm starting to regret telling her.

Chloe came to hug me and Nick growled of course. Chloe gave him a warning stare. The bell rung after that and we split up to go to our next class.

I just hope she will be ok when she finds out.

Chapter 7: Shamara's POV

"They will pay for what they did. But first, let us have some fun."-- Unknown

I just finished music class and went to the library.

I can't stop thinking about him.

I have never run away from a confrontation with a guy. I feel like I should be near him.

Ugh. What is wrong with me. I have never felt this way before. I want to tell him everything about me and my past. But I can't. It's too dangerous. I have to keep them safe from him. He is the reason why I have to be cautious and protest those I love or I won't have them anymore.

I stopped my thoughts from continuing when I reached the library doors. I went inside and searched for Jenn. I found her in the Non-fiction section.

"So what's on the agenda today?" I asked when I was behind her.

She jumped slightly and turned around.

"Oh, Shamara. You scared me. And there really isn't anything to do today so I was thinking I will introduce you to the other student and then let y'all do whatever you want." She replied with her hand on her chest.

"Thanks, Jenn. I'm sure I can find something to do."

We headed back toward the front counter and saw Matt looking through some papers.

Please don't tell me he...

"Shamara, this is Matthew Knight and Matt, this is Shamara Williamson. Y'all will be working together."

And she said it. Great.

"Ms. Williamson, it is nice to officially meet you," Matt said with his hand out for me to shake.

Why does he have to be so nice and a gentleman?

"It's nice to meet you also. Call me Shamara." I replied. And went to shake his hand.

"Matt" he replied back. He shook with a firm grip and then a strange tingling began crawling up my arm.

What the hell is going on? I thought.

"Well, I hope y'all have a great day. Enjoy while you can. You won't get many free days." Jenn said obliviously.

As soon as she turned her back and went into her office, I snatched my and back and grabbed my stuff to leave.

"Wait, Shamara. Can I talk to you?" Matt asked before I got to the door.

"Sorry. I need to get home." I replied back. And take a very hot shower.

"I can give you ride." He continued while walking with me.

"I have a car already. But thanks." I said while walking away.

I need a serious talk with Chloe about this. But first I need to grab some things from the house.

Chapter 8

"When you think you can trust the one you know the most."--Shamara

I pulled into the garage and notice that mom and dad are still at work. Mom works at a doctor's office in town and Dad is the new manager at a hardware store.

I went inside and put my school books down. I went upstairs and started packing my over night clothes. When I was I done, I double checked everything and look at my clock. I still had a while before the time I told her I would be there.

Since I had extra time, I decided to grab a snack since I rushed out of the lunchroom before I finished. I wrote a note to my parents while I was done there. When I turned around, I bumped into something hard. I looked up and was about to scream when he covered my mouth with his hand. He shook his head and gave me a signal to be quiet. He was tall with dark pants and a dark blue shirt. I couldn't see his face since he had a ski-mask on.

He moved closer to me and whispered in my ear.

"You owe me after that little stunt at school." He said darkly.

My eyes got wide at the realization. It was Salem and it turns out the psycho of the school. I need to get out of here.

"So you know who I am. Good. You're coming with me, Princess. If you struggle, you will be punished. You hear me?"

I nodded. He let go of my face and went to tie my hands with a zip-tie. Before he could secure it, I slipped out of his grasp and quickly punched him in the face. It looked like it didn't faze him a bit. So I tried kicking him in his sensitive spot again and he caught my leg.

Dang. He figured it out.

"Sorry. That trick only works once, Sweetheart."

He still had a hold of my foot and he wasn't letting go any time soon. I braced myself for a round kick. It hit him right on the temple and he went down. He was already trying to get up.

That should have taken him out for a while. How is he getting up?

I knew I couldn't outrun him so I went upstairs to try to get some help. I locked the door to my bedroom and pushed my dresser to block him. I found my phone where I left it and grabbed my bat before I went to the bathroom.

I called Chloe since her dad is a cop and only 10 minutes away. The police station is at least 30 minutes away without traffic. As it was ringing, I was trying to open the bathroom window. It was just big enough for me to fit through.

"Hello?" Chloe answered.

"Chloe, someone is in my house. I think it's Salem. I'm in my bathroom trying to get my window open but it won't budge." I said panicky.

"Hold on. We are leaving now. Just find something for a weapon and sit tight." She replied.

"OK. OK. Just hurry, Chloe."

"We are going as fast as we can. It's still going to take about seven minutes before we get there. Do you know where he is now?"

"It's quiet right now. He was a little dazed after I kicked him in the head."

"You go, girl. Just hold out until we get there."

I heard a huge crash outside the door.

"Chloe? He knocked down the bedroom door!" I heard silence from her line.

"Chloe? Chloe? Are you there?!" I started to panic more.

"Shamara, Sweetheart. Open the door, please. We can talk about this." I heard Salem say while wiggling the doorknob.

"Chloe?" I felt tears running down my face as I realized that I'm helpless once again. I can't let it happen again.

"Shamara, can you hear me?" A masculine voice asked through the phone.

"Ma...Matt? Where's Chloe?" I stuttered.

"She is right here with me. Now listen we are still five minutes away from your house. Just calm down and listen to my voice. Try to keep him busy as long as you can, ok?"

"OK." I said as calmly as I could.

The door jiggled once more before the door was busted through. I readied my bat and took a swing at him. He caught it and threw it away.

"Now be a nice princess and you won't get hurt...much," Salem said as he came closer to me.

I tried to punch him again but like last time he grabbed it and twisted it behind me at a painful angle. He quickly put the zip-tie on and put a knife to my neck.

"Matt!" I yelled before shushed me and pulled me closer.

"Get away from her now Salem," Matt growled through the phone. I must have dropped it when he busted the door. He grabbed it put it on speaker on the counter.

"Well...It's the Alpha himself. What can I do for you?" He answered sarcastically.

"First of all, you will let Shamara go and leave," Matt replied.

Salem clicked his tongue and said,

"I don't think so. Me and Shamara here have a date to go to and need to get going." He tightened his grip on me and put his other arm around my waist. He shifted the knife to his other hand and pointed it to my abdomen.

"Well. I love to chat more but we have somewhere to be and lots to do." He said while pulling me toward the door.

"Matt!" I said before Salem dug the knife in a little and tightened his grip even more.

Is he trying to kill me?

"I said no talking." He said as he dug a little more into my flesh. I yelped in pain and felt something warm run down.

"Don't you dare hurt her, Salem. I will kill you personally." Matt yelled through the phone.

"Whoops. Well, she will be fine. It's only a scratch. But there will be more if she doesn't follow the rules. You don't want that do you, Shamara."

I stayed silent at his comment.

"Now you are getting it. Let's go, Princess. We can't any more time with the mutt." He said while pushing me toward the stairs. We made it outside before an SUV pulled in and was shoved toward it.

"Our ride is here, ma' lady." He said while opening the door and pulling out a gun. He was about to shove me in when Chloe's car came through. Matt ran out of the car walked toward us.

Salem pulled me toward him and pointed the gun at my head.

"I don't think so, buddy. One more move and she dies. Now get back into the car and drive away before someone gets hurt."

"You won't be able to escape, Salem."

"And why is that?" He replied.

"We have you surrounded and they are not too happy about you taking their Luna."

Surrounded? I don't see anyone. And what the hell is a Luna?

"She dies if anyone tries anything." He said while pushing the gun harder into my head.

I winced and saw Matt trying to tell me something. He nodded and started stepping back.

Salem thought it was for him but I knew Matt wanted me to do something.

I guess it's my turn now.

I slammed my head back into his face and stomped his foot. He let go and right when I moved a grey blur slammed into Salem and bit into his shoulder. I ran toward Matt and saw other wolves surrounding him.

What the hell is going on?

When I looked back, the grey wolf was pushed off and Salem jumped into the SUV.

"This isn't over, Knight!" He yelled out.

Why does every bad guy say that? They do realize it sounds stupid.

I started feeling a little weak. I turned to Matt when my knees collapsed under me. I couldn't catch myself since my hands were still tied. Matt caught me and clipped the ties off. I looked around and saw that the wolves disappeared.

"Are you OK? I was so worried!" He said as he hugged me to him.

"Umm... Matt? I think I need to sit down for a little bit."

"What's wrong? Are you hurt? Oh my gosh. Your bleeding! Hang on. Chloe! Grab the First Aid kit. Hurry."

"I'll be fine, Matt. It's just a scratch." I said as I winced from the sharp pain in my side.

Chloe came up with what I can assume to be her father. Matt took the kit from her and applied a bandage to the wound.

"That should hold until we get to the house. Let pack up and get you seen about." Matt said.

"Are you going to be OK until we get there?" Mr. Stephens asked.

"Yeah. I'll be fine. It's not my first time." I replied.

They stared at me in silence.

That last wasn't supposed to come out. I must have lost more blood then I thought.

"What do you mean..." Matt started before I interrupted him.

"Chloe can you grab my stuff from my bedroom and my phone, please."

"Yeah. Um...I'll be right back."

"Don't think I didn't notice you trying to ignore the subject, Shamara."

"There isn't anything to say about that comment. My past is my business." I replied while they helped me in the car.

"This conversation isn't over." He said.

Trust me I have questions for you too.