Fiction On Odyssey: Journal Entry # 11: The Queen Is Gone

Wars and battles just have an oddest ways of ending.

6
pixabay.com

There's not much to delve into here, only that this is finally the third part of the war with her mother. I hope you all enjoy this end to this part of the story. Soon, another article will be up with a different part of the story.

Light steps that followed behind me, I could tell that it was Moriz and then it was heavy footsteps that indicated that the half-dragon was coming up behind us.

My mind was being muddled by the sounds of the war, and it was making it hard to focus. The sounds of arrows pierced wood and I could hear the sounds of shouting and screaming, the smell of blood filling my nose.

Two hands pushed me forward and I followed through, leading them down the hall and pass my brothers rooms.

I pushed on to the end of the hall, and I used the war hammer to break through the door. It was the final fight. My uncle was chained against the wall, cuts across his body and it looked like he was barely alive.

My own uncle, the one who had always encouraged me to continue in my magical arts. Now, he was subject to my mother’s testing. With one flick of her hand, the monster closed us off in there.

My Mother, my aunt, and her guard are what we were up against. Looking at the odds, my hopes dipped down. If it was ever possible that this would be the last night of my life, I knew that I was fighting for a cause greater than my own.

Slowly, I made my way around the edge of the room, towards my uncle, I couldn’t let him die.

When I finally reached him, my hand just barely touching his shoulder, I let the holy energy flow through and his cuts at least closed up.

Yvrgav took care of Half-Orc for the most of it, and Moriz quickly took out my aunt. With what I knew was true about my mother, I knew that death was the better option here instead of being a mindless husk for the witch.

The battle was harsh, and we were on the losing side until something wonderful happened. A heavy boot plowed through the door.

A heavy armored boot came down on the ground and it was the head guard for my father. Coming in after the guard was my father.

Fara grinned at him, and the way that she spoke to him, chilled my blood.

“My dear husband, I’m so glad that you’ve returned home.”

With that, My father brought down the sword, on one hand, slicing it off. Another swing, the other hand was off and she was on her knees.

One more wide strike and the sword was embedded in her throat, killing her. Just as he killed her, I had broken the chains on my uncle. Though around us, the battle still raged.

I tossed the flute over to Moriz while Yvrgav met the half-orc blade for the blade as it seemed that he was losing. As I kneeled by his side. I pressed my hand to his cuts and the light blue energy flowed through me and into him.

I heard the distant sound of a flute and then the heavy beat of wings. It was nothing like that of the birds that lived around here.

Stones and wood started to crack around me as I used my body to protect him. The wall crumbled away and there was a white dragon there.

A white dragon and he was on our side. I focused on the healing of my uncle. My head ducked down and I gave my weary kin a bright smile to encourage him to hold on. The white dragon chomped down on the half-orc and I got the chains finally undone with the help of Moriz.

Everything seemed to pass by us as we screamed and celebrated our victory. Even after settling my uncle in for the night, and I made my rounds, something felt wrong. The wine that I took from the party was starting to set in and I took the time to stand in the servant's area.

There was a dwarfish woman who was more like my mother than the one that bore me. Lilyvore. She was the one who helped me escape. Lilyvore packed the rations, prepared the clothes I wore and the pinpricks on my fingers tingled as I noticed that she wasn’t there.

Fara killed her for helping me leave. Slowly, I dipped down and plucked up the sewing kit that I was so used to being brought out to sew the tears and rips in my clothes when I was little. My thumb coasted the pressed symbol on the top of the wood, before pocketing it.

Knowing my friends, I would definitely need this and I feel that Lilyvore would have wanted me to have it. With wine finally kicking, there was warmth and my sense in me that something just wasn’t right.

So now, I’m back in my old room. My bag was rearranged different sorts of things and things that I wanted to take back.

My debts were settled and even though I sit in a place of victory something still held onto me. The smell of the burning fallen fighters mingled with the smell of the woods and the ruckus sounds of men drinking and laughing.

We won. My body aches and the welcoming comfort of my old bed calls me to sleep. So I’ll leave you for the night.

Soon, more adventures will follow me. I know it.

Yours Truely,

Kava Astar