Fiction Novels That Will Blow Your Mind

6 Fiction Novels That Spun My World Off Its Center Of Gravity And Into A Thoughtful Abyss

I've read many books in my life but none have captured my attention more than these.

12

Fiction is my favorite book genre and are full of interesting choices of books to read. Every fiction book I read introduced me to a new perspective and thinking that has encouraged me to view life differently. The few that most enraptured me are the following:

1. Percy Jackson

Percy jackson

This books series starts of with introducing a young demigod, Percy Jackson, and takes the audience on a hilariously crazy journey filled with Greek mythology. This book series spun me into a thoughtful abyss because of all the mythology involved. After reading the books, I got very enraptured by all kinds of mythology which was a good way to learn about different cultures.

2. Skulduggery Pleasant

Skulduggery Pleasant

This book introduces the idea that the world is crazier than you imagine. Some people are normal, and just want to live to the best life possible. Some people want more than that. Stephanie wants more from life as she is completely tired of her normal life. So, she creates a copy of herself in the mirror and decides to go on an adventures with a talking skeleton detective. This blew my mind because it encapsulates the possibilities of an endless, magical world with things you would only ever see in your dreams.

3. Harry Potter

Harry potter

Naturally, the development of the characters and the plot makes the Harry Potter series one of the greatest of all time. The intricate details and connection of all the different events in Harry Potter fascinates me. Each time I read it, I'm awed by how J.K.Rowling constructed and connected all the plots from all the books.

4. The Great Gatsby

The Great Gatsby

The timelessness of the classic The Great Gatsby is applicable to all ages and captures the American spirit. When I read it, I was blown away by how relevant the book was and how real it seemed. What most fascinates me is how Fitzgerald came up with such a great plot. I really enjoyed the book as it shows the true idea of the American Dream.

5. The Lord of the Flies

The Lord of the Flies

The books starts of with a plane crash lands a group of British boys on a remote island with no supervision or method to contact the civilized world. The Lord of the Flies blew my mind when I read it in class my sophomore year because it was fascinating to see how young boys would live without any supervision. It was interesting to see how they formed their "society" without a proper civilization.

6. Anthem

Anthem

Anthem by Ayn Rand is a dystopian novel that is set in the future. What I found most interesting about this book is that it was the set in the future without any high-tech technologies that is most commonly found in any other text that is set in the future. This differentiated this books from others I have read and gave me a new perspective of thinking about how the world could turn out in the future.