Females Are Considered Complicated, but I Think Men Are Worse.

Hey boys, just tell us how you really feel. (While we enjoy pictures of Cole Sprouse thinking about telling us how he really feels)

871
Thought Catalog

Men call women a “complicated species”. That may be true, but I think men are way more complicated.

Let me tell you why.

I’ve been dealing with boys for as long as I can remember. My first boyfriend was when I was in second grade. He proposed to me with a green apple ring pop. Not only was that the sweetest thing a boy has ever done for me, but that was also my favorite flavor. It was so nice to be young and in love. The next week I come into school with a strawberry ring pop (his favorite) and what do I see? Him with my mortal enemy, Monika. He gave her the same flavor ring pop he gave me. I remember sitting in the yard at recess, crying and eating the ring pop. That was my first heartbreak.

Okay- obviously that might not relate to the person who’s reading this now or the average person in their 20s but that’s a little taste of my love life.

Dealing with boys now is way harder. My friend called me today and told me that the boy she has been liking for years, kissed another girl in front of her. The best part about that is, HE WAS SUPPOSED TO COME OVER THAT MORNING! Now, please tell me why. How did we go from, coming over to “cuddle” in the morning, to now kissing another girl in front of her. Why can’t the guy just tell the girl he’s not interested? Trust me, it would save us a lot more heartbreak than doing unnecessary things in front of us.

The point of this article obviously is not to just completely bash on the male species, but it is to make a point. I do not understand why I can be talking to a guy for days, DAYS!! And then he just stops talking to me out of no where. I would have much rather been told that the interest had left, than go through every single text, reading between the lines of every message I’ve ever sent, trying to think where it went wrong or worse, what I did wrong. How is that fair?

Boys have randomly stopped talking to me and have treated me like I’m nothing so much that I have become used to it. I could have taken the path where I became nothing. No feelings, not giving any guy a chance. But the funny thing is, I didn’t. I consistently say how I’m done with guys, but every time a new one comes along, I keep giving my heart to them because I have hope. I have hope that a guy will come along and make me forget about every boy that wronged me and will recognize my worth.

The point of this article is for you males to understand. We girls, we like you. We always will, we will always go back to you. But please, save us the heartbreak, tell us how you really feel.