End Of Freshman Year

As Freshman Year Comes To A Close, I'm Not Gonna Lie, I'm Feeling Pretty Nostalgic

I hope to be able to have the opportunity to learn and grow in my future college years.

94
Camera

Not going to lie, as I think about how I'm going to be taking my final tests for freshman year, moving out of my dorm in a few weeks, and beginning summer without my roommates and in a different location, I can't help but feel a little nostalgic and sad. For one thing, college has been pretty stressful with its ups and downs that make it overwhelming and stressful at times.

On the other hand, there are some pretty unforgettable experiences that I wouldn't give up because of how much they mean to me. I built new friendships, learned new things, and even got a chance to improve myself both academically and socially this year. College was an eye-opening experience and I'm thankful that I got a chance to spend it around people who helped me grow and flourished.

I think personally one of the things I'm going to miss the most was the routine of every day that defined most of my freshman year. To be honest, I didn't come within the highest hopes because I didn't know if I was going to fit in or belong. In retrospect, I'm glad I came in with moderately leveled hopes because it gave me a chance to surprise myself with the wonderful experiences I had with my suitemates, with my teachers, with my friends, and especially by myself.

I think college was a priceless opportunity where I got to self-reflect on my actions and thoughts and learn more about myself. Through this, I was able to rediscover passions and make friends in fields that really interest me (ie. singing and math). From being alone, I also learned to be independent and even though it's quite scary, it's also quite exhilarating and rejuvenating because of the freedom it provides. I hope to be able to have the opportunity to learn and grow in my future college years.

Before this starts sounding like a letter to myself, I want to include a quick note that one of my happiest achievements is the buildup of my YouTube channel, Mirakell, especially with my cover of "Thinking Out Loud." Feel free to check it out here.