How To Be Happy

There are times when we forget to stop and live in the moment. The stress that we constantly feel seems as though it will never stop. By going to these places and doing these activities, I have always come back focusing on the positive and believing that I can overcome anything.

1. Lie on the grass and look at the stars

When I lived in the city, I would look at the sky most nights, hoping that more stars would be there than the night before, but it was always rare. Once I started college in Long Island, almost every night is filled with stars. The dark night is filled with specs of glittering spots. I've always been with my friends and sisters of my sorority at night but they never notice until I tell them to look up. Everyone's reaction is the same: Woah. They always look so happy and calm, so can you imagine laying down and just staring? So satisfying. Gives us a state to reflect on ourselves and life itself.

2. Go to a concert

When you go to a concert the one thing that the audience can always relate to is the feeling of the booming bass in your chest and your ears needing to adjust after the show's over. Going to a concert truly amplifies the happiness of feeling your favorite tunes in your bones. It affects you more and reminds you how close you are to the artist themselves.

3. Ride a bike and track where you go

Riding a bike allows you to feel the air outside, gives you the feeling of total control, is faster than walking, and is the closest I've felt to flying. Observing what is throughout the streets and being able to go into very tight spaces calls for many discoveries to be made. All the meanwhile getting the exercise you need. I also usually track where I go and it is nice to see how far I've gone and which neighborhoods I had gone in so that if I see something that I want to revisit, I can check after. The app I use is called "Strava."

4. Take a walk during the sunrise

Waking up early to see the sunrise is tough enough for many of us but the benefits are immense. The best is when you wake up from a sleepover early with friends and take a walk to watch the sunrise. Witnessing and being able to share beautiful moments with friends is definitely a time I feel true happiness

5. Try new foods with friends

The best way to bond with others is to discover and love something new together. Food is always the path to making or mending relationships.

6. Write down important events in your life

There are so many memories that you won't remember in detail when you grow older. If you write out the exact moment and how you felt, looking back can help you reflect on how you were in the past and how you want to change.

7. Go on a road trip with loved ones

Road trips are also part of the way you can go on adventures in your life. To discover new places with others and the memories that you can make will largely impact your life in a good way.

8. Get a pet

There are many statistics saying that people have become happier due to their pets. These fulfillments include their social needs.

9. Discover your passion

To work towards something you are passionate about helps you be productive and discover things that you would like to do in your occupation in the future.

10. Reach a high point on a hike

I encourage everyone to at least experience a good hike. A hike where the endpoint is at least 10 stories high. You will never feel freer than at the top overlooking the world from a higher perspective. To see how small everything is seems to remind you your troubles are not as large as they seem.