5 Times Vienna Turned Out To Be The Best Weekend Getaway

Schnitzel is my new favorite food.

167
Karighan Walker-Alicea

A couple weekends ago I took a weekend trip to Vienna, Austria. It may be one of the most beautiful cities I've ever visited! From the food to the massive palaces, Vienna is one of my favorite places I've been so far. Here are my top 5 favorite things from my trip!

1. Schnitzel

I think may have found my new love. After visiting the Belvedere, we chose to have dinner at a Salm Braeu. They had amazing schnitzel! Following our meal there, we ate schnitzel as least once a day for the remainder of our weekend. I was in heaven!

2. Museums

There are so many cool museums in Vienna. I saw the Sigmund Freud museum, the Natural History Museum, the Belvedere, and the Albertina. It was amazing to see Klimt's "The Kiss" in real life at the Belvedere!

3. Wiener Eistraum

While walking around Vienna, we came across Wiener Eistraum. We instantly decided we had to go ice skating while there! It was such a fun time. There were three large rinks and then several paths that go around the area and connect the rinks. The decorations were cute, the music was great, and I didn't fall!

4. The aesthetics

I really enjoyed the color schemes in Vienna! Almost of the buildings are pastels. Everything is light and colorful. It was refreshing to see because most cities are brick and cement.

5. The Nightlife

Every place I went had really great music! It was also cool to meet new people. I met lots of people there on vacation and a bunch of locals. Everyone was very inviting and spoke English very well. My favorite was Chelsea!