That Favorite Pair of Shoes

We All Have That Favorite Pair of Shoes

You know the ones I'm talking about.

33
We All Have That Favorite Pair of Shoes

The sole. Or my SOLE belongs to shoes. Specifically my pair of low rise combat boots I bought in Zara on a whim.

I'll admit, I wear these shoes a lot. Like almost every day, to class, to parties, to work because they are so damn versatile and I love them. They match every outfit. I'm not kidding. It will be snowing, and I will choose to wear them over snow boots, which is usually a mistake, but I'm willing to make this mistake.

But this is not the first pair of shoes I fell head over heels for. Last year, I had a pair of taller gray velvet combat boots that I wore every day too. Sadly I wore them too much during the winter semester that they were ruined by the end. I had to part with that pair of shoes. They were apart of me. It was such a sad day.

I feel like your favorite pair of shoes end up becoming apart of you. You change your outfit every day, but you can wear the same shoes every day. So they become apart of your image, without them, you do not recognize yourself because they are your staple shoe. These shoes you walk miles on miles in, are you.

I know when my current favorite shoes get worn down, I can find a pair that will replace them. But they are not the same shoes that I originally found unexpectedly. I usually find my favorite pairs of shoes when I'm least expecting it, which makes me love them even more. But I'm sure I'll have a new favorite pair of shoes next year. But I'll always miss and love my old favorite pairs just as much.

If you read this all the way to the end, I'm sure you share this love for your favorite pair of shoes too. Shoes are just special.