My Favorite Photos

My Favorite Photos

An in-depth look at some of my favorite photos I've taken

87
My Favorite Photos
Ben Havens

Photography is something I enjoy very much, and I enjoy sharing my photography with people, so here is some of the photography I have taken recently.

This photo was taken in my backyard back home. I love looking at star photography, so I decided to try it out. It took a few nights, but I eventually got it, and one night I got this picture. That streak of light on the trees is actually from the headlights of a car driving by!

I enjoy getting unusual perspectives or doing other unusual things to get cool photos. This photo of the chapel is one example of this. I walked to the middle of the quad, got on my stomach, and zoomed in so that I could get the out-of-focus grass in the foreground, because I knew it would add a lot to the photo.

Leading lines are another favorite photo technique of mine. They lead your eyes into the photo and provide some very interesting detail. I enjoy this photo because the shelves provide a cool leading effect, and the colors are pretty cool.

This photo was fun. I took it one day while walking around campus taking pictures, but when I went to edit it, it didn’t look at all interesting, so I decided to mess around and try some crazy things. I ended up making it pretty surreal looking, and I think that this version is quite a bit more interesting than the original.

I enjoy photography very much and have appreciated the way I have been able to develop it and share it.