Getting Down And Dirty With My Favorite Makeup Products

Here's all you need to know when it comes to my favs.

573
Unsplash (Annie Spratt)

No matter the age, sex, or skin type, makeup and skincare is something that everyone can relate to. Even if you don’t use it, someone you know does. The makeup world changes and improves all the time. Beauty influencers have changed the game with YouTube videos and creating their own brands. The YouTube community has really impacted the beauty world and the industry.

Makeup is done differently by everyone, there’s no right or wrong way to do makeup. Everyone has a canvas, that canvas can be cleaned and reused and can be made into whatever the creator wants. Makeup is something that everyone can make their own.

So, what’re the best products? Everyone has their own opinion of makeup, and that’s fine, not everyone has the same skin type. So here are my favorite products that accommodate my oily skin.

1. Cleanser/Moisturizer

I know neither of these things are makeup products but they’re so important to everyone’s makeup routine. Washing your face and adding a moisturizer is the key to having a flawless finish to your makeup. Everyone needs to moisturize their skin before adding makeup or a primer. No matter how oily your skin is, a moisturizer is a must.

2. Primer

There are two primers that I will never stray from, Dr. Brandt Pores No More Pore Refiner Primer and Benefit Cosmetics POREfessional Face Primer. These two primers are pore filling and help keep my oils at bay and keep my foundation in place.

3. Foundation

There are several drugstore and high-end foundations that I like, so I’ll name a few. Maybelline FIT ME! Matte + Poreless Foundation is a forever favorite. It’s a medium coverage foundation that is natural to a satin finish.

I also like L’ORÉL Pro-Matte Infallible Foundation. It’s a medium to full coverage that has a satin to a matte finish, the only downside is the color range.

Another favorite is the Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra Longwear Stick Foundation, it’s more of a medium coverage but is matte. It’s a super easy on the go foundation, especially if you like stick foundation.

Lastly, I really like the Fenty Beauty Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation, it is full coverage. But the reason I like it is because of how matte the finish is. I am VERY oily, so it really helps hide the oil slick on my face.

4. Concealer

I like several concealers but the two that I will never stray away from are the Tarte Shape Tape Concealer and the Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer. These concealers are very different, but I love them both. The Tarte is very full coverage and doesn’t crease whatsoever. But the Urban Decay is very lightweight but does crease if it’s not set well.

5. Setting powder

I don’t stray from my setting powders due to my oiliness, with that being said I have 3 that I use.

For my under eyes and to set my concealer I use the RCMA No Color Translucent powder. Although I am very oily, my under-eye can become dry and powdery if it’s too matte, and the RCMA powder does a great job at keeping it from looking dry.

The Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Power is a great setting powder for your entire face. It has a satin to a matte finish, so it helps to control my oily skin and to keep my foundation in place.

The Cover FX Perfect Setting Powder is another good all over the face setting powder. It’s not as matte as the Laura Mercier but still keeps my oils down, especially if I’m using the Fenty Beauty foundation. It keeps your makeup in place really well.

6. Bronzer/contour

Without bronzer and contour, let’s face it, you look pale and have no dimension. The Tarte Amazonian Clay Matte Waterproof Bronzer is my hands down favorite. I’ve repurchased this 4 times, that’s how much I love it.

Others that I also like: Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer (smells like the beach,) Marc Jacobs Omega Bronzer (little pricey but you get a ton of product,) any bronzer by NARS (some are a bronzer/blush duo,) and the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer (smells just like chocolate.) You can use each of these bronzers to bronze and contour.

7. Blush

Okay, so blush is a personal thing, some people don’t wear blush anymore, but I do, for me, it’s a must. I only have one blush that I love and it’s the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush. I love so many shades and it’s such a great wear.

8. Highlighter

I could name so many amazing highlights but I’m going to name one: Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlight in the shade Champagne Pop. This could be a light glow from within or a blinding highlight that can be seen from the heavens. IT’S MY FAV.

9. Eyebrow products

Brow products are different for everyone because everyone has different eyebrows, duh. But the one eyebrow product I cannot live without is the Anastasia Beverley Hills Clear Brow Gel. After doing my brows I apply the gel and my eyebrows DO NOT move. Even if you don’t fill your brows in, this gel will make them stay in place all day and all night.

10. Eyeshadow

Eyeshadow is another thing I could rant about for ages but I’m going to leave you with a palette and a brand, the Morphe X Jaclyn Hill Palette is one of my absolute favorite palettes I own, it’s good for every day and super glam looks. It’s a staple in my collection.

For single individual shadows, the brand Make Geek is my favorite. Both the palette and the single shadows are creamy, blendable, and have amazing pigment.

11. Setting spray

Milani Make It Last Setting Spray, 10/10 I’ve gone through 7 bottles, that’s all I’m going to say.

12. Mascara

The best lash primer is Urban Decay Subversion Lash Primer, I use this lash primer even when I don’t use the Urban Decay Perversion Mascara, which is also my favorite mascara. But a close runner-up is L’ORÉAL Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara.

13. Lipstick/gloss/liquid lip

These are three completely different lip products. My favorite Lipstick is the Bobbie Brown Lipstick in shade Pale Pink. My favorite gloss is Buxom Full-On Lip Polish in the shade, Clair. Last but certainly not least, my favorite liquid lipstick is Anastasia Beverley Hills Liquid Lipstick in shade American Doll.

Of course, this is entirely my own opinion, there are so many amazing makeup products out there, these are just my current favorites. Create your own style with your makeup and have fun. The sky is the limit when it comes to makeup.