What Your Favorite Christmas Song Says About You

Everyone has a favorite holiday jingle, and it says a lot about you and how you celebrate the holidays.
251

Your favorite Christmas song actually says a lot more about you than you’d think… This doesn’t cover every Holiday song in 101.9’s repertoire, but I tried to cover a good range. Everyone has at least a top three, and I guarantee you that one of your favorite yuletide jams is on this list.

The Classic Christmas:

Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer

Frosty the Snowman

It’s The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

It’s Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas

Holly Jolly Christmas

You cherish the classic Christmas. It’s the Christmas that makes you think of your childhood. You have tons of Christmas traditions, and you would never miss any of them. Your favorite Holiday films are the original Rudolph, Frosty, and A Charlie Brown Christmas. You’re also one to start blasting holiday jingles in early November. Everyone else groans, but you can’t hear them over Rudolph and Frosty.

The Humorous Christmas:

The Chipmunk Song

Dominic the Donkey

I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas

You’re A Mean One Mr. Grinch

The Marvelous Toy

The funny, slightly annoying songs are your all time faves. They’re all cute and fun enough to get away with it, especially during Christmastime. You’ve probably had heated debates as to whether the singer of I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas is a boy of girl. Only to finally Google it and discover that Gayla Peevey is in fact a girl from Oklahoma City. There’s no question about it, The Grinch Who Stole Christmas is your favorite holiday film. And no, not the Jim Carrey one. That one’s good, but nothing beats the original animated one.

The Dance Party Christmas:

Jingle Bell Rock

Rockin’ Around The Christmas Tree

Blue Christmas

Feliz Navidad

Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow!

You’re dancing for the entire month of December. You know the all the choreography to the Mean Girls talent show dance. You’re ready to jump into Christmas at least midway through November. People are telling you no, but your body is telling YEAH. Christmas is the most joyous time of the year for you, and you’re ready to mask in its glory for as long as possible.

The Annoying Christmas:

Santa Baby

Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer

Baby, It’s Cold Outside

Last Christmas

I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Klaus

No offense, and I mean this with the kindest sentiment, but you love the most obnoxious and cheesiest Christmas songs in existence. But the thing is, you embrace it. You know that the woman singing Santa Baby is annoying, as is the kid trying to tell the whole world that he saw his mom kissing Santa Claus. You know that Baby, It’s Cold Outside has weirdly rapey undertones. But they’re still “classics”, and you’ve grown fondly accustomed to them.

The Classy Christmas:

Silent Night

Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

White Christmas

O Holy Night

Do You Hear What I Hear?

These are the “classy”, dare I say, “mature” Christmas songs. They’re slower and some of them are more about the religious aspects of the holiday. They’re more thoughtful and emotional. You’re strictly a “December is the only time for Christmas music kind of person”. Christmas is a peaceful, calm time for you to spend with family and enjoy the warmth of holiday cheer.

The Modern Christmas:

Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) – by Mariah Carey

Santa Claus is Coming To Town – by Bruce Springsteen

Little Saint Nick – by Beach Boys

Jingle Bells – by Michael Buble

All I Want For Christmas Is You – by Mariah Carey

Mariah Carey is your Queen of Christmas. You love all the modern artists’ covers of the old classics. You’re definitely going Black Friday shopping. And you’ve got all your favorite websites bookmarked for Cyber Monday. You’re going to at least three Christmas parties this year, and have multiple Secret Santas. Christmastime is a sparkling blast for you.

The Instrumental Mood Christmas:

Christmas Time Is Here – Charlie Brown Christmas

Any Trans Siberian Orchestra Christmas song. You know... the one they play in all the retail holiday commercials.

Any Manheim Steamroller Christmas song. Lesser known, but still a top notch holiday album.

Christmas is a nostalgic time for you. You’re already a fan of classical music, so naturally one of these hits is your favorite. They really set the mood and get you into the spirit. Decorating the Christmas tree is probably your favorite thing to do in preparation for the big holiday, and you’re definitely giving fresh baked cookies as this year’s Official Present to close friends and family. Overall, Christmas is a peaceful, low-key time of the year for you. You keep it as stress-free as possible and enjoy a cozy drink by the fire.

And finally, if your favorite Christmas song is The Christmas Shoes, I think you need a good hug and some cookies because that song makes me want to cry in a corner for hours.