4 Favorite Childhood Things That I Still Enjoy Today
Education

4 Things I Enjoyed As A Kid That I Still Enjoy Today

I am definitely still a kid at my heart and deep in my soul.

234
https://www.pexels.com/photo/4k-wallpaper-adorable-blur-boy-1148998/

I become more and more like my younger self around the holidays and winter season. I think it's because of the cozy weather and the memories from school. It also helps that I moved back to my hometown and that my friends have started arriving, back for their month-long vacations.

What really brought me to writing this was the recent purchasing of dinosaur nuggets -- something that made my heart soar after years. Sure, I ate chicken nuggets when I was growing up, but I hadn't really been recent. So when I went to my friendly neighborhood Safeway to get my normal Adult™ groceries I made the radical decision to get these, too.

1. Dino Chicken Nuggets

Like I already said, dino chicken nuggets (in particular) were my favorite kind of chicken nugget. I loved the shapes (obviously) and they actually taste better than regularly shaped nuggets. It's kind of like how curly fries just taste better than any other kind of fry. It's a fact.

2. Online Flash Games

I had quite the number of open tabs when it came to online flash games. When I think of those games, my mind first darts to Barbie.com, Disney Channel online, and definitely Cartoon Network online games. I had my favorite games that I would play almost every single day, or at least when I had finished my homework.

Mostly for the nostalgic feels, I still go back to these games when I'm bored and want something to do. The most random, but the favorite game that I loved? The climbing and swinging levels-based game on Cartoon Network online about the show "My Gym Partner's a Monkey!"

3. Coloring Books

Coloring books with pencils, markers, and crayons are still extremely relaxing and satisfying. I am so glad that they came back in style as gifts, especially the themed ones. One of the most recent best presents that I have relieved was a birthday gift from my roommate. She gave me a Harry Potter-themed coloring book and I am so thankful for it. I used to be terrified of coloring outside of the lines when I didn't have the skill to do otherwise. So, I can actually say that I enjoy these more now that I am an adult with both the skill to color and the relaxation to not care as much if I mess up.

4. Reading in my special spot

My girl Elliot (above) has the right idea about cuddling in with a good hot drink and quality book. I already read a crazy amount on a major basis. However, the best way to read is the way I used to do it when I was a kid. In reality, I actually had the time to read the way I did when I was younger, but I still love to.

I would grab my book and some hot water or juice, and sit on my bed with the window facing the mountains. I didn't even recognize the absence of anything related to Tumblr because I already got it in my own room.

What do you still love from your childhood that you have kept doing even while getting older?

Frankly, I am just waiting for winter break to get started, but I still wish all of you good luck right before your exams! You're so close to the finish line! Happy holidays and I hope you have a relaxing vacation.