10 Bible Verses To Lean On When Times Are Tough

My favorite Bible verses during tough times.

1074
Unsplash

There is no such thing as a perfect life. Rough times are inevitable, so we need to know how to control and fight through them. Personally, I go straight to the Bible to receive great comfort. Here are 10 of my top favorite Bible verses that help me persevere.

1. Isaiah 41:10

“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”

2. Philippians 4:6

“Do not worry about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”

3. Nehemiah 8:10

“Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.”

4. John 14:27

“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.”

5. Isaiah 26:3

“You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.”

6. Colossians 3:15

“Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.”

7. John 15:3

“Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.”

8. Psalm 16:8

“I keep my eyes always on the LORD. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.”

9. Psalm 119:50

“My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life.”

10. Psalm 120:1

“I call on the LORD in my distress, and he answers me.”