To All The Fast-Food Restaurants I Loved Before
Fast Food

I'm talking about you Sonic (and Taco Bell, Canes, In-N-Out Burger, etc).

49

From Sonic's Chicago dog to Taco Bell's supreme crunch wrap, the fast-food industries had it all, but most importantly, they had my heart. I felt guilty every time I'd show up at your drive-thru window, but after one bite, you would make all my guilt melt away. I knew you were bad for me, but I didn't care. The heart wants what it wants, and my heart wants a Canes' chicken combo.

You are all so perfect in your own ways; it was always so difficult to pick just one place to run to for a shameless meal. The daunting question still haunts me in my sleep, "What do you want to eat?" The second this unsolvable dilemma would hit my ears, my head would begin to scramble. "Do I want to eat healthily?" I'd think to myself. Often, the answer was no. But I never knew whose window to run to. There were so many options. Do I want waffle fries or a greasy burger? Mexican or Chinese? The possibilities were endless.

Even when I wanted to somewhat care about my body, I'd go to you, Chick-fil-A. Your grilled-chicken sandwich never failed to give me some peace of mind, knowing that I was eating some form of nutrients for an affordable price. Your service does not go unappreciated.

Especially in my drunken state, I'd think of you the most, Sonic. I'd tell myself I wouldn't hit you up at 2 a.m., but there I was every time, at your doorstep. Your amazing selection of what appears mostly to be concession stand food always filled my heart with love, and cholesterol. From the $0.50 corn-dog-days to your two-for-one shakes happy hour, I'd always be at your beck and call.

My relationship with you beautiful restaurants is a bad romance, to say the least. But it is time for us to part. It is time to leave my freshmen 15 in the past. It has been a long, beautiful four years, but our love (actually my money) is fleeting and it is time to close this chapter in our life.

Goodbye for now, fast-food. The next time I see you all again will be at my wedding because I'm definitely making sure at least one of your fine establishments are catering it (@ Sonic). You will be missed.