The 10 Inventions You Need to Thank African Americans For

In order to commemorate Black History Month, here is a list of 10 inventions that were created by African Americans that have helped make our lives a little bit more easier!

50

If I was to ask you to come up with some famous inventors, what comes to mind? Would it be Thomas Edison? Alexander Graham Bell? Wilbur Wright?

Okay, what about Black Inventors? Any that come to mind? Could you name about ten without looking at this list?

Feeling Stumped?

It's okay! Our US education system has failed to incorporate this aspect into our history, and to make that up, here are the top ten inventions that you need to thank African Americans for!

1. The Three-Light Traffic Light - Garrett Morgan

Traffic light,red,black,green,yellow - free image from needpix.com www.needpix.com

2. The Super Soaker - Lonnie G. Johnson

Soak David Tennant GIF by Doctor Who Giphy

3. Home Security System - (Marie Van Brittan Brown)

File:Home Intruder Alarm system.JPG - Wikipedia en.m.wikipedia.org

4. The World's First Fastest Computer - Phil Emeagwali

working special agent GIF by TipsyElves.com Giphy

5. Pacemaker - Otis Boykin

Pacemaker Medical Implant - Free photo on Pixabay pixabay.com

6. Shockwave (Animation on the Web aka GIFS) - Lisa Gelobter

Cat Kitten GIF by Demic Giphy

7. Refrigerated Trucks - Frederick McKinley Jones

File:ELS Hino Dutro (2nd) Topre refrigerated truck.jpg - Wikimedia ... commons.wikimedia.org

8. Automatic Elevator Doors - Alexander Miles

Tired Season 5 GIF by The Office Giphy

9. Electret Microphone - James E. West

behind the scenes singing GIF by COIN Giphy

10. Carbon Light Bulb Filament - Lewis Latimer

light lights out GIF Giphy