If Family Members Were Thanksgiving Dishes

There's a spot for everyone on the dinner table!

195
Screenshot

If I were a holiday I would probably be Thanksgiving because it is an entire day dedicated to eating, which is my all time favorite thing to do. The best part about Thanksgiving is getting a break from school, eating amazing food, and getting to see your family. I am lucky to have an incredible family full of smart, caring, and hilarious people. However, I think we can all relate to the certain types of characters that could walk through the front door on Thanksgiving day. What better way to identify these people than pairing them with the most delectable Thanksgiving dishes. Find out which traditional Thanksgiving cuisines represent your kookiest friends and family members.

Sausage and Sage Stuffing: Cool Uncle Joey

This is one of my absolute favorite sides on Thanksgiving. Its only purpose in life is to leave you feeling fulfilled and stuffed with soft buttery bread goodness. Stuffing can easily be related to everyone's Cool Uncle Joey. This is the guy who may not always look that appealing, but has an absolute heart of gold. Cool Uncle Joey likes to bring a new girl around every Thanksgiving that is always about half his age. His combination of flavors is so interesting that he has a cool story from each and every exotic country he has been to. Cool Uncle Joey will never leave your house without giving you relationship advice, even if you are only 9 years old.

Mashed Potatoes: Grandma

This dish leaves you feeling like you were just given a warm and loving hug. There is no person that could embody the holiness that is mashed potatoes besides your Grandma. This lovely lady is the fan favorite of every holiday gathering. The person that everyone wants to please the most. Grandma will always make sure that you feel comfortable and happy. Whenever you see Grandma you get very excited because you know it means you will be spoiled like a king. The only thing better than Mashed Potatoes is your Grandma!

Sweet Potatoes: Gramps

The kindest and softest dish at the dinner table. Gramps is probably the sweetest man you have ever met. His kindness and charm resonates throughout the entire house on Thanksgiving. He is without a doubt sporting a festive orange sweater and has made corny jokes about everyone and everything at the dinner table. He’ll always tell you that the mashed potatoes are better than the sweet potatoes because the love he shares with your Grandma is more perfect than any relationship you've seen before... Oh, it was also sweet how he slipped you that 50 dollar bill on his way in ;).

Brussel Sprouts: Aunt Gertrude

Turkey: Mom

Now this is the star of the show! Mom is the powerhouse of the entire operation that is Thanksgiving. Of course, she is the best dressed one at the party while simultaneously socializing, cooking, and making sure Drunk Cousin Jeff doesn’t have more than three drinks. Mom has been up since dawn heating up so that she can have everything ready at the same time. She is the centerpiece of this wonderful holiday because even though you may not see her very much until it is finally time to eat, she is always popping up to make sure that everything is going well. You really need to appreciate all the hard work Mom puts in, just like that golden brown bird at the center of every table.

Gravy: Dad

Perhaps the most important part of the meal. Dad is in charge of watching the turkey and making sure that everything that Mom is worried about is fixed immediately. The Gravy, just like Dad, sort of just fills all the cracks of the soul. Dad is encouraging, witty, and very delightful. There is a little bit of Dad in every Thanksgiving dish because it is important for him to oversee the entire operation, just like it is important to put Gravy on every single dish on your plate because that stuff is liquid gold.

Canned Cranberries: Weird Family Friend Mrs Columbus

You are never really sure what the Canned Cranberries are doing at the dinner table. Just like you don’t really understand why Weird Family Friend Mrs Columbus is here again for Thanksgiving. You are not sure whose family friend she is and you are pretty much sick and tired about hearing about her multiple cats, one of whom has diabetes. Weird Family Friend Mrs Columbus will always find her way back to the dinner table, even though she is undesired and unappetizing.

Warm Crescent Rolls: Baby Cousin Mikey

The cutest thing at the Thanksgiving table. This warm and soft bundle of joy receives almost all of the attention. Everyone in the family is always fighting over who gets to hold them first. Baby cousin Mikey is passed around the table faster than any of the Thanksgiving dishes because of how adorable and enjoyable he is. You want to be Baby Cousin Mikey.

Green Bean Casserole: Drunk Cousin Jeff

He looks bad. He smells bad. He sounds bad. Drunk cousin Jeff fell in love with the “Pumpkin Spiced Punch” and had twenty one glasses too many of it. Grandma has publicly told him that he is a disappointment to the family before we have even put out the butternut squash soup! Drunk cousin Jeff will come up to you and call you by the name of your younger brother, before making fun of whatever nice clothes you are wearing because he is dressed in the same stained flannel that he has worn every year for nineteen years on Thanksgiving. Don’t be drunk cousin Jeff.

Pumpkin Pie: Great Aunt Carol

Great Aunt Carol is definitely a family favorite. She is the pleasant surprise at the end of the meal. Great Aunt Carol is the type of person that can make you eat even when you’re so full you think you may implode. You would hate to hurt Great Aunt Carol’s feelings because of how sweet and welcoming she is! Great Aunt Carol represents all things that stand for Thanksgiving; She even wears autumn spice scented perfume!

I hope everyone was able to find a family member that they could relate a Thanksgiving dish to! Enjoy the holiday and Happy Thanksgiving!