Your Fall To Do List

Your Fall To Do List

Fall has only just begun. Here are some fun things to do this season.

5
Noelle Darilek

Thursday, September 22nd marks the first day of fall. The leaves start to color, the air gets crisper, you savor a warm drink and start to pull your sweaters off their hangers. The start of fall means fall activities and if you enjoy the season as much as I do, you look forward to the fun fall activities during the season. Here is my fall to do list this season.

1. Pumpkin carve.

Take a trip to your local grocery store, or better yet, pumpkin patch, and find that perfectly plump and round pumpkin. Find a funny face or cool design to carve into it and gather some friends to make a mess and add a classic piece of the season to your place. Add a candle inside and turn out all the lights for that warm glow.

2. Make fall treats.

For most of us, fall means pumpkin flavored everything. Besides your classic pumpkin spiced latte, take a turn at baking some pumpkin and fall inspired treats. Try out baking pumpkin muffins, snickerdoodles, pumpkin chocolate chip pancakes or bake some fun-shaped sugar cookies and decorate them fall/Halloween themed (ex. ghosts, leaves, pumpkins, black cat, etc). I also recommend a warm cup of apple cider to pair with your treats.

3. Build a bonfire.

When the nights are chilly, grab some blankets and a sweater and gather your friends for a bonfire. Roast marshmallows for s'mores, tell scary stories and have a hot drink.

4. Take a hike.

Find a local trail or park in your town, grab your tennis shoes and a water bottle and explore around to see the color of the leaves begin to change.

5. Get spooked.

Go to a local haunted house or on a ghost tour to get in the spirit for Halloween. Scream too loud and jump too much with friends and then go home and watch your favorite scary movie with a bag of popcorn.