best season

Let The Leaves Fall Because Autumn Is My Favorite

It's fall, y'all.

45
Grace Vazquez

The best season of the year is here and I'm living for it. Although I appreciate every season and look forward to each one as they come, I cannot disagree that autumn is by far the best time of the year. Every single aspect of it has a magical aura surrounding it, making this season even more welcoming.

For starters, fall is a time where being comfy and being cute are intertwined all too perfectly. Wearing a sweatshirt is acceptable and even in style during this time of year, but dressing up in jackets and sweaters are also welcomed. You're free to wear or be whoever you want with no judgment, all because of the season. The welcoming feeling of fall itself puts everyone in a cheery mood, making it so much easier to step out of your comfort zone.

Also, these feelings make it so much easier to be productive. I can knock through a list of "to-dos" in one-sixteenth of the time it takes me in any other season. I think this is a combination of the weather being too chilly to go out, but not too dreary to elicit drowsy feelings. This season really is the perfect mixture of every other one.

Additionally, the food this season is wholesome and homey. It is always warm, giving one a sense of familiarity, and often contains sweet spices to awaken you. I cannot stay away from bakery's or coffee shops this time of the year, and I've never even experienced the infamous "PSL" from Starbucks. The richness of fall's menu draws me out to explore new tastes and places, which, in turn, forms new friendships everywhere I go.

As if all of this wasn't enough to book a one-way trip to autumn, there's still many other aspects of this season one cannot ignore. The entertainment during this season is phenomenal. Shows based in the fall usually air around this time, the Halloween specials making their debuts. The music is the perfect mix of all other genres, artists like The Fray making a constant appearance on my playlist. I even read more during this season, cuddling up with a good book and a candle becoming a norm for me. And on top of all this, when October rolls around watching Disney's infamous "Monstober" becomes a regular routine for me.

Most shows come back in the fall, giving people their long-awaited answers to the finales they once watched, and bonfires with friends fill the void when technological entertainment fails you. Friendships grow as there are so many activities to take part in (pumpkin patches, corn mazes, haunted houses to name a few), and nothing quite compares to the feeling of togetherness you feel.

All in all, this is an amazing time of year for too many reasons to explain. It's the most exciting time for me, and I hope everyone else is as giddy as I am over this. As the leaves change, my mood begins to lift a little bit more. Fall, we're all waiting ever-so-patiently for you to make your appearance.