Faith Is Spelled R-I-S-K

Faith Is Spelled R-I-S-K

The only word you'll ever need to know how to spell
417

Faith is the most powerful thing in this world. Everyone in this world no matter what religion or beliefs they have, has faith in something or someone. It is something or someone that has our complete and utter trust and is the only thing we rely on. Some may have faith in a person they love or an object that brings them "good luck".

For me, I only have faith in my God and in myself. When I think of faith, I think of something that is sweet and good and delicate and can't be touched or attained. While that may be what we think faith is, it is not that at all. Faith is not always pretty and clean, it can be the most beat up thing in the room. Imagine mud and barbed wire and struggle after struggle, that is what faith really look like. Faith carries your bruises and cuts and trials and pain.

It is always there just like Jesus and your Father is always there. Faith is there in the pretty times and the not so pretty times. When you are at your happiest moments, your faith is strong, but when you are at the deepest part of the valley, the is when your faith is the strongest it will ever be. Psalm 30: 1-3 says, “I will exalt you, O Lord, for you lifted me out of the depths and did not let my enemies gloat over me. O Lord my God, I called to you for help and you healed me. O Lord, you brought me up from the grave, you spared me from going down into the pit” (NIV).

Having faith and putting everything you have into your faith can be terrifying. Like haunted house kind of terrifying. To completely give up everything is scary. It is a risk that you are willing to take. There is no such thing as faith without a risk.

When you rely solely on your faith, you are risking it all to go and spread the word of God and to live like He wanted you to regardless of where it takes you. When you get married, you are putting yourself at a risk of staying married and living happy or getting divorced. When you do anything in life, there is a risk that comes along with it.

I learned a long time ago that faith is spelled r-i-s-k. These risks can be getting embarrassed, or making a fool out of yourself or losing someone you love, but the amount of faith that you gain from these risks is unbelievable. When faith becomes your life, nothing else matches that importance. You start to rely only on faith and not on anything else. It gives you the confidence you need to go and do crazy things and things that you are told to do by God. Hebrews 11:1 says, “Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.”

I can only explain to you just how much accepting faith and accepting God changes your life so much. It's crazy to see how much we have changed and how strong and deep my faith has grown just because I allowed it to take over my life. I know if is scary, but so is life and so is faith. The things I have done, I can't believe that I have done them or that I was able to do them. I hope that you can live your life in complete faith that everything has a risk that is worth it. What you get out of taking that risk is far greater than the risk you took.