disney, vacation, adult, college kids

Disney World is Still the Best vacation, even as college kids

It truly is the happiest place on Earth.

14

When I say a Disney World vacation, I mean a full-fledged 7 to 10 day, stay at a resort inside the park, Disney World vacation. There is no greater feeling than driving through the welcome sign arches, and knowing that you won't be leaving this little world known as Disney for the next week or so. The greatest part about a Disney vacation is becoming completely engulfed in the "magic," with the outside world being forgotten, and your only stress being what time you need to get to your Fastpass reservation.

The part of the trip that makes this vacation better than the rest is the transportation system. Yes, the transportation system. It's one of the best parts about Disney. Once you park your car at your resort parking lot and unpack your luggage, you will never have to see it again for the duration of the trip. Instead, the buses take you to any destination within the Disney borders. Nothing brings more excitement to children and adults alike than hearing the automated voice welcoming you to whatever park or attraction your bus is taking you. On top of that, there is a monorail connecting a big chunk of the property, and boats that take you all over the many different lakes and channels from one place to the next. It's like having your own personal chauffeur on land, water, and air. Well, if you consider the monorail in the "air."

Disney also has the best, most detail-oriented resorts in the world. From the value resorts like Pop Century and Art of Animation to moderate resorts like Port Orleans and Coronado Springs, to deluxe resorts like the Grand Floridian and Wilderness Lodge, there is not a detail that they missed. Your mind will be blown wherever you stay, and a good way to spend a few hours of downtime when you're not riding rides is to take one of those handy buses over to some of the other resorts and check them out.

On top of the resorts, the food at Disney World is some of the most delicious, unique food you will get the chance to eat on a vacation. After you leave, you could have eaten at any of the countries in Epcot, inside castles, in a restaurant set in the 50's, and with your favorite characters, just to name a few. When you are in Disney, the opportunities are endless.

Last but not least, the four parks are all so different, everybody will be able to find something they love about each. Whether you are on a trip with a boyfriend or girlfriend, or with your family, each unique park will appeal to everyone.

Here's a shakedown of what to expect in each of the parks:

Magic Kingdom is the main park with the most rides, but is usually the busiest. This is usually the "family park." Most people that only have time to do a day in Disney will go here. Epcot has the least amount of rides, but has all the different countries you can spend the day exploring. This is the more grown-up park, since most kids just want to ride rides, and Epcot serves alcohol. Animal Kingdom is the most visually appealing, with a few big rides, and is usually the least crowded. It has a zoo-like feel, with most of the rides centering around animals, and equipped with its very own petting zoo. Last but not least, Hollywood Studios has big rides like Rock and Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror, but after that is mostly smaller rides. All of the rides are pretty much centered around movies and television. Hollywood Studios also has the coolest show, in my opinion, called Fantasmic.

In addition to the four theme parks, Disney World is also home to two water parks for those extra hot vacation days, Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon, and a few mini putt-putt courses. There is also Disney Springs, which is an outdoor area with music, restaurants, stores, and endless entertainment. Finally, there is a lesser known about Boardwalk, where street performers put on shows, and almost nobody visits. All of these extra activities don't even scratch the surface of the fun and excitement that Disney brings.

There is never a dull moment at Disney World, regardless of what you are doing. So next time your family is debating on where to go for the next family trip, convince them to check out Disney World. Trust me, we all need a little magic in our lives with the stress of college on our plates.