I Love To Bake Various Goods To Improve My Life

Experimenting With Baking And Pastries Has Improved My Life

Baking is one of the most relaxing and invigorating activities that I love to do.

20

The running accomplishment of my life so far has been that I have kept alive the recipe for Coca-Cola cake since middle school. I took the recipe from my best friend who took baking as a school elective. Since then, I have been obsessed with extreme and experimental baking. My Coca-Cola cake has been perfected and shared to the point that I have caused a ripple effect in its production amongst my friends.

Teaching the recipe to one of my close friends was one of the most encouraging experiences. To teach this most-unique recipe and for the cake to be made so often even after that one baking session, was exciting. Baking has, and always will remain, one of the most rewarding pastimes that I have taken on.

I always enjoyed reaping the benefits of baking good and, especially, baking for others. The first true memory that I have of experimenting beyond the usual batches of cookies and brownies was my first attempt at peppermint bark. I decided, rather steadfastly, that I needed to provide a home-made treat for the class holiday party in the sixth grade, rather than buying. The result was an entire class of middle schoolers requesting orders from me the rest of the winter season.

The science behind the baking is what excites me the most. Understanding the changes in the ratios of dry and wet goods, along with the delicate balance of oven temperature and cooling periods. The control that I exert over my delicious creations has a meditative effect, especially if I go on baking for hours on end. I particularly enjoy the freedoms that I allow myself to take compared to regular food preparation. Since the baked goods tend to be less impactful on the overall nutrition of the day, I get to make mistakes that would otherwise end in a rather hungry me.

Most people enjoy baking or experimenting with culinary recipes, and I am definitely one of them. With the positive, creative effects that baking has had on my life, it makes sense that I would recommend to those who do not bake, to try it out!