How I Get To Experience Fall In Florida

How I Get To Experience Fall In Florida

What is fall like in a place that is summer year round?

44
How I Get To Experience Fall In Florida

Fall is here. For many, it means the cold weather, leaves changing, and the crisp fall air. But in Florida, that's definitely not the case!

As someone who originally grew up in the Northeastern US, I was used to the typical changes in the seasons for the weather and aesthetic scenery to change. But when I went to Florida for school and experienced my first fall season and Halloween, the meaning of fall changed.

So how does someone who lives in Florida experience the fall season? Here are some ways I experience fall in Florida:

Fall Festivals

One great thing about Florida is that they are all about the community and events. There are a lot of fall festivals that go on from small farmers markets to buy pumpkins and ride on a tractor like you are riding around a pumpkin patch and there are also large events like the annual Halloween Horror Night at Universal Studios in Orlando if you are more into the scary Halloween side of things. So in the evenings when the humidity goes down a little and it's dark and you can't see all the green foliage that has definitely not changed colors for fall, it definitely brings fall vibes.

Food and Drinks

In addition to the festivals, one great way to experience fall is through food and drinks. You can bake up some pumpkin seeds, made your favorite apple cider, or cook of a savory pie. Or just go to Starbucks and get a pumpkin spice latte if you are lazy too, I don't judge.

Watching Halloween Movies

Wherever you are, there is Netflix and of course Freeform's 31 Nights of Halloween so there is a lot of great movies and shows that will bring out the fall spirit in everyone!

Decorating My Apartment

A great way to celebrate a new season in Florida I have come to know is to decorate! This helps visualize the season and makes your house look more festive as well! Mini pumpkins and Halloween signs really do the trick!

Carving Pumpkins

Last but not least, you can still carve pumpkins! Isn't that the most fall thing there is to do? While they might be shipping in all the pumpkins to Florida, anyone in Florida can still experience this classic fall activity with friends and family.

While Florida might not seem like a place where fall gets celebrated as much, it might just be the opposite! There is a ton of fun ways to celebrate the change in seasons even when it still feels like summer all year long!