6 Things All Girls Experience During A Haircut

A new 'do' for the new you.
44

You wake up and look out the window with the sun pouring in. It’s finally spring! The seasons are quickly changing and even though you’ve already been adding new shorts, tops and sandals to your wardrobe for the warm weather, you’re probably bored with your everyday hairstyle. You get out of bed and walk into the bathroom. Looking into the mirror, you’re probably wondering why your roommate even lets you walk out of the house on a daily basis with as many split ends as you have. You start to face the truth: you’re due for a new hair style. ASAP.

Since there are endless possibilities for a new cut or color, you pour a cup of coffee and sit down with your laptop and sift through thousands of pictures of Pinterest for your new ‘do’. When you’ve finally found it, you call your favorite hair salon and set the appointment. But from the time you arrive to the salon to the time you get home and can finally play around with your hair the way you want to, you love the experience of getting a haircut.

1. Being in your favorite salon is like being in heaven.

You walk in filled with excitement, ready to show your stylist pictures of what you want to walk out with. Looking around, everything is just like you remembered it: the shiny mirrors, the good smelling hair products and the excitement you feel knowing your hair transformation is about to happen.

2. You only want to see your favorite stylist. No one else. Ever.

You love your stylist because she listens to you and gives you what you want. She knows how to shampoo and comb out the tangles in your hair just right, and she listens to you when you want your hair a little shorter than originally planned. But, she also knows how much you love to talk about your life. Not to mention, you love hearing about her life, too. You might not go out for dinner and drinks like your other friends, but sitting in her styling chair watching her transform your mess of curls into something socially acceptable is just as good.

3. You love your hair being styled by someone else.

When your stylist is done cutting away at your locks, you already know how you want her to style your hair. A blow dry and curls, please! You have to wake up every morning and do your hair yourself, so you might as well ask for what you want while you have the chance. Plus, it feels glamorous.

4. The anticipation of seeing your new do is torture.

While your stylist is blow drying your hair, each minute passes more slowly than the last. You just can’t wait to see what your hair looks like. Although you have a pretty good idea, you still pretend like you don’t know and jitter in your chair until the moment of truth comes.

5. The moment of truth.

Here it is! The moment has come when your stylist will swivel the chair around to the mirror and you can stare at your reflection and run your hands through your hair for the first time since walking in the door. You will either love or hate your new hair, but assuming you will love it, you thank your stylist and smile from ear to ear feeling like a model when you walk out the door.

6. You feel like a million bucks.

You swear on all that is holy you will want to keep this new style for the rest of your life, even though deep down inside you know you will become restless with your hair soon enough. But in the meantime, you strut around feeling like a model. Work it.