Everything That Was Wrong With The Bachelor Season 22

Exactly what made this season so terrible to watch.

153
Instagram

For as long as I can remember, I have watched both the bachelor and bachelorette. Now there have been some pretty cringe-worthy endings to seasons, but NOTHING compares to how terrible Arie's season ended. Being from the same hometown as Becca, I was obviously rooting for my homegirl all season (PL4L), but Arie didn't just break her heart, he destroyed in... ON LIVE TELEVISION.

So here is a nice list of every single thing that was wrong with The Bachelor season 22.

1. Arie

Okay anyone can fight me on this, but Arie himself is the first issue of this season. I mean c'mon, he is old, creepy, a really sloppy kisser, and has no personality. Seriously, America couldn't find a better Bachelor? These poor girls were losing before the show even began.

2. Krystal

Okay little suggestion for the producers: do background checks on the girls and check for bat-shit crazy. I was expecting Chelsea to be the crazy one after the first impression rose, but crazy Krystal slide in out of no where with her crazy self boppin' around the mansion, I honestly don't know how Arie put with her for so long. Not to mention, when she threw a fit before that one cocktail party, Arie STILL KEPT HER. I do not understand.

3. Tia

Tia was the most underrated contestant on this season. Yes she made it far, but she was SO under appreciated by Arie and America. Honestly, Tia should have been runner up, not Lauren. But the finale is a whole other story.

4. The Finale, and Post Finale.

Buckle up ladies, because this is about to be quite the vent. Okay so Arie dumps Lauren right, but he completely blindsides her, which is a-hole move number one. I mean he gave her literally no warning, the poor girl thought she was getting a ring. SO THEN, our sweet boy proposes to Becca (yay!) and everyone is happy and she can't stop smiling. Real sweet moment. The show then plays this adorable video of the couple cuddling in a hammock, expressing how happy they are blah blah blah. Then, all of a sudden, it flashes to Arie saying that he made the wrong choice and that wants Lauren and is going to break it off with Becca.

WAIT WHAT

Yep. Our bachelor plans on breaking it off with his new fiancé for the runner up on the show. But the worst part about this? The man is breaking it off on live television.

So not only is our beloved Becca is about to be blindsided, but it will be shown to all of America. Now I am not sure how these contracts work but that is just straight up cruel.

Back to the breakup, so Arie tells Becca that he wakes up and goes to bed every night thinking about Lauren.... probably not the best thing to tell the girl you're breaking up with. So they talk and talk and Becca somehow remains cool. Until she gets up and starts packing her things and begins to cry, a pretty expected reaction.

But Arie will not leave her alone.

Like this man is persistent. Becca specifically says "I want you to leave" but I guess to Arie that means stay?? I get that some boys don't pick up on hints easily, but she literally could not have been any more clear.

So eventually, Arie walks outside, ponders life or something, comes back in and stands outside the bathroom door where Becca is crying.

"Are you okay?"

Seriously? Is she okay? Like this guy keeps getting harder to believe I swear. Obviously she is not okay, and all she wants is for him to leave but he wants to talk. Becca seriously has the most will-power I've ever seen, because she goes and talks to him one more time. Claps for you girl, I would have slapped him.

So anyway, on the post-finale show, Becca, Arie and Lauren are all on the show, and Arie proposes to Lauren on the show.

Like I get the whole 'giving America what they want' concept, but poor Becca had to watch her almost hubby propose to another girl. Talk about brutal.

But lucky for our girl, she was announced as the new Bachelorette, so hopefully my homegirl can redeem herself for a guy that's actually worth it and not a slobbery kisser (I can't be the only one who thinks this right).

So long story short, this season was awful. It was crazier than Corinne last season, and that's saying a lot if you followed Corinne's journey. But even after the intense break up, Becca will hopefully find herself a hottie that will actually make the season enjoyable to watch.