Everything You Need To Know About Fake Nails But Were Too Afraid To Ask

Be careful with them and apply a nail strengthener if possible.

139
Everypixel

After just getting my acrylic nails off, I must admit life is so much easier. The struggle of having long nails is real. It is hard going back to my real short nails after experiencing fake nails for a little over three months. If you have never gotten fake nails, they are great, but a lot of work. Here is what to expect.

1. You must take care of them.

Expect anywhere from biweekly to monthly visits to the nail salon to get your nails filled. If you don't get them filled or trimmed often, they will become extremely long and look a little rough. You can get your nails filled usually every 2-4 weeks depending on how fast your nails grow.

2. They cost money.

With fillings, comes spending money. Usually it isn't too expensive to get your nails filled but if keep them on for a few months it can add up.

3. Typing is hard.

Expect to learn how to retype after getting longer nails. You have to actually use your finger to type and not your nail. And the longer they get, the harder it is to type.

4. You have to be cautious.

You don't want to risk the chance of your nails falling off so be cautious when you are doing things. Be extra careful when opening sodas, clasping jewelry, and picking things up.

5. It may be a little painful at first and when getting them removed.

Remember you are putting an acrylic nail over your real nail. It might take your nails a few days to adjust to the shape. Therefore, it may be a little painful. Just take some ibuprofen and the pain should subside after a day.

Your nails shouldn't hurt again until removal. This was more painful than I had anticipated. I do suggest going to a nail salon for removal because they know what they are doing.

6. Your nails are going to be fragile.

After removal, your nails are going to be fragile for a while. Be careful with them and apply a nail strengthener if possible. They may be a little sore for a few days after removal.

I loved my fake nails and would recommend them to anyone who has the time to keep up with them- it just became a little too difficult with being a college student:)