"Euphoria" from HBO Is A Show You Should Watch ASAP

HBO's "Euphoria" Should Be Your New Summer Watch

A show that is real and honest, a show that will get you in your feelings.

45
www.youtube.com

It's been a while since I had found a show that captivated my attention from the very beginning.

But when I watched HBO's new show, Euphoria, I was pretty drawn in from the opening scene.

We see the birth of a child as Zendaya's voice whispers to us loudly in the background. And the first thing we learn is that our main character was born 3 days after 9/11.

The more that I watched this show, the more compelled I was to it. With Zendaya's narration and trippy cinematography, the show narrates the story of a group of teenagers and their problems and messed up lives as they venture through high school. And even though we might not all relate to everything these characters do, we can relate to them to a certain extent. It's a show that makes you think, a show that you can enjoy.

It's fresh and HBO is not letting down.

However, although I may not wish to spoil it to you, I want to talk about some of my favorite parts so far to intrigue your interest if you haven't already seen it.

1. Rue and Jule's friendship

Rue and Jules are different from each other, but somehow they came together and complemented themselves. Rue is a teenager who just got out of rehab, and when she meets Jules, a transgender girl, they both become instantly close. Their relationship grows, and their bond becomes stronger, and they have become my favorite part of the show thus far.

2. The cinematography

When shows give me shots that make me sit on the edge of my couch and look closely at the screen to admire the work, I get instantly wet. Sorry, but there's no other way to put it.

Especially since the show deals a lot with emotions and drugs, the way that they are portrayed is something that gives this show its uniqueness. HBO tried to present you a story that will blow your mind, but fireworks simply go off whenever I see beautiful cinematography. It is kind of hard to explain, so you'll have to watch the show to understand what I am saying.

Most of the shots feel so personal that they help you understand better the characters and the storyline that we are following.

3. The candidness of this show

So, this show deals with some pretty heavy stuff, but they don't try to sugarcoat it. This show is trying to send us a message, and they know that by easing things in they'll get nowhere. Euphoria shows us the raw and crude reality that the world can offer, and this is another reason why this show is worth the watch.

4. Larry Stylinson

Euphoria acknowledges the AU (alternative universe) realm, also known as fanfiction, and they presented fans something nobody has ever expected. One of the characters, Kat, once wrote a smutty piece about former one direction members, Harry Styles and Louis Tomilson. And as this specific scene was shown in Euphoria, we were given an animated visual for the fanfic as Rue (Zendaya) reads it for us.

And honestly, I was here for that.

Few reasons they might be, I really just don't want to talk about the show without really spoiling it, so this was how I decided to come along this article. But if you really haven't thought of giving this show a try, do it. It might get too heavy at times, but your eyes won't be able to move away from the screen once you diverge into the world of Euphoria.