25 Episodes That Prove 'Seinfeld' Is Funnier Than 'Friends'

All of my "Friends" lovers should give this list a try.

209
Hulu

"These pretzels are making me thirsty!" If you're secretly 40 years old like me and quote "Seinfeld" like it's a bodily function, then you know doubt have heard the iconic line. Although the Emmy award-winning show ended in 1998, avid watchers have not forgotten the punchlines, Kramer's bride of Frankenstein hair, and Jerry's comically high-pitched voice.

For those just getting into the show, or those looking for a list of the best episodes to watch to rope in others, I compiled my favorites that will surely be yours as well.

1. The Stall (S3:E2).

Elaine asks a fellow woman next to her in a restroom stall for a piece of toilet paper and she refuses, causing Elaine to hate her without even seeing her face. Come to find out, she's Jerry's new girlfriend! Meanwhile, George is obsessed with Elaine's cool boyfriend. Full cast & crew for this episode here.

2. The Parking Garage (S3:E6).

George, Kramer, Jerry, and Elaine lose their car in a mall parking garage. Full cast & crew for this episode here.

3. The Contest (S4:E11).

The four pals make a bet to see who can hold out on self-pleasure the longest, with unexpected results. Full cast & crew for this episode here.

4. The Airport (S4:E12).

Jerry gets the first class seat on a plane, while Elaine gets coach. The differences in how they're treated is exaggerated, but no doubt hilarious. Full cast & crew for this episode here.

5. The Pick (S4:E13).

Elaine discovers she accidentally revealed a little too much on her Christmas card photo, taken by Kramer. Also, Jerry's model girlfriend sees him supposedly picking his nose. "It was a scratch!" Full cast & crew for this episode here.

6. The Pez Dispenser (S3:E14).

Elaine is unintentionally rude at George's girlfriends's piano recital. This causes a sticky situation, not to mention George feels he isn't wearing the pants in his relationship. Full cast & crew for this episode here.

7. The Outing (S4:E17).

A journalist eavesdroppes on a fake conversation where Jerry and George pretend to be a couple. Full cast & crew for this episode here.

8. The Implant (S4:E19).

Jerry and Elaine bicker over whether a girl Jerry is interested in has breast implants. Meanwhile, George keeps trying to take his relationship with his date to the next level. Full cast & crew for this episode here.

9. The Mango (S5:E1).

Jerry discovers Elaine faked some things while they dated, which causes George to wonder if his girlfriend is also "faking." Full cast & crew for this episode here.

10. The Sniffing Accountant (S5:E4).

Jerry suspects his accountant is secretly on drugs. Elaine breaks up with her boyfriend over something very unusual. Full cast & crew for this episode here.

11. The Lip Reader (S5:E6).

George asks for the help of Jerry's deaf girlfriend, who can read lips, to hear what his ex girlfriend is saying about him. Elaine tries to avoid talking to her car service driver. Full cast & crew for this episode here.

12. The Non-Fat Yogurt (S5:E7).

The pals are gaga over a new non fat yogurt shop, but it might not be so fat friendly. George fakes an injury when he runs into an old childhood rival. Full cast & crew for this episode here.

13. The Masseuse (S5:E9).

Jerry wants a massage from his masseuse girlfriend, but she refuses. George is upset that she doesn't like him. Elaine's boyfriend has the same name as a notorious New York serial killer. Full cast & crew for this episode here.

14. The Cigar Store Indian (S5:E10).

Jerry accidentally offends a Native American girl he is interested in. George pretends his parents house is his own to woo a girl. Full cast & crew for this episode here.

15. The Pie (S5:E15).

Jerry's girlfriend refuses to eat a piece of pie on a date, and she won't reveal why. George fights with a fellow customer who wants the same suit as him. Full cast & crew for this episode here.

16. The Stand-In (S5:E16).

George dates his girlfriend purely out of spite. Kramer and his friend Mickey get jobs as stand-ins. Elaine's date ends the night in an uncomfortable way. Full cast & crew for this episode here.

17. The Hamptons (S5:E20).

The gang stay at a friend's house in the Hamptons, who have an incredibly ugly baby. Jerry's girlfriend sees George pants-less. Full cast & crew for this episode here.

18. The Face Painter (S6:E23).

Elaine's on and off boyfriend David Puddy paints his face and Elaine hates it. Jerry feels obligated to over thank a friend for hockey tickets. Full cast & crew for this episode here.

19. The Soup Nazi (S7:E6).

In perhaps the most iconic Seinfeld episode (based on a real man) Jerry and the gang deal with the best soup maker in the city-who is very easily offended. Jerry and his girlfriend's lovey-dovey banter annoys George and Elaine. Full cast & crew for this episode here.

20. The Rye (S7:E11).

George's parents steal back a rye bread they brought to George's future in-laws' house, and he tries to make it right. Jerry hilariously tries everything he can to help. Full cast & crew for this episode here.

21. The Shower Head (S7:E16).

Elaine wants to go on a business trip with her boss, but her drug test oddly keeps coming back positive. George tries to convince his parents to move to Florida so he can have more privacy in his life. The shower heads in Kramer and Jerry's building are changed to low flow. Full cast & crew for this episode here.

22. The Chicken Roaster (S8:E8).

Jerry asks his very successful old college friend out for a lunch, which leads to him getting fired. His friend gets hired at a chicken joint, which has a bright neon sign that bothers Kramer. Full cast & crew for this episode here.

23. The Bizarro Jerry (S8:E3).

Elaine makes friends who are clones of Jerry, George, and Kramer-but with opposite personalities. Jerry's new girlfriend has "man hands." Full cast & crew for this episode here.

24. The Apology (S9:E9).

Jerry's girlfriend tends to not wear clothes around the house. Elaine's coworker is a germ-o-phobe, but only with her. George is angry when a former alcoholic friend doesn't apologize to him during his 12 steps. Full cast & crew for this episode here.

25. The Burning (E9:E16).

Jerry's girlfriend is withholding part of her past from him. Elaine discovers Puddy is religious and is offended when he tells her she's going to hell. Full cast & crew for this episode here.